Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
• Act as a Servant Leader that champions and encourages the rules of Scrum and protects the team from external influences while removing impediments to team progress to deliver Sprint goal.
• Facilitate meetings, Agile ceremonies, and other group interactions
• Serve as an Expert on the Scrum process and how best to use it to get a team to perform at its highest level
• Enable the Team to keep the project progress transparent and updated
• Track, Measure, and Guide the project progress to keep the project on track.
• Coach the team and PO during estimation and backlog refinement to get appropriate sizing and acceptance criteria.
• Coach & assist the team to become self-organizing and empower the team to make decisions locally
• Coach the team to achieve steady, sustainable, and predictable burn rate; and assisting the Product owner to manage cost and budget
• Understand basic fundamentals of Agile
• Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
• Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
• Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
• Understand backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, and task definition
• Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
• 3- 5+ years of Scrum Master experience
• The Scrum Master required needs to understand the role of Scrum, how to work and coach the team, have familiarity with all of the ceremonies, story point estimation and sizing.
• Experience of diverse technologies, industries & teams is essential as well as experience of working with both collocated and distributed team members.
• Ideally the individual should have a focus on current scrum engineering practices, including Test driven development and continuous integration and deployment.
• As Allstate works in a multi-methodology environment the expectation is that the individual will embrace various methodologies, not just Scrum but also XP, Kanban, SAFe and experience integrating with tracks of work being run using different methodologies, including waterfall.
• Hands on experience as Agile Scrum master, supporting XP development and integrating with waterfall methods.
• Resource willing to be flexible and adept in a fast paced environment and can contribute to the overall development and growth of a corporate program/initiative.
• Experienced with group and meeting facilitation as well as conflict management techniques.
Some experience with financial and earned value analysis concepts, tools, and techniques.
• Experience with Critical Path Diagramming & PERT Analysis concepts, tools, and techniques.
Experience with Agile tools preferred - story grooming, tasks management, story burn down, story backlog management. Experience with JIRA tool a plus.
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top