Sales Education Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position will require delivery of various educational topics, from basic education to advanced education for agents, licensed sales producers and agency staff. This position requires a strong knowledge of Allstate systems, product knowledge and basic selling skills.
- With expert knowledge and skills, prepare and facilitate technology education, product education, and sales skills training to agencies in order to achieve regional objectives
- Develop a good understanding of competitors and industry practices
- Must be able to manage training sessions and be flexible to meet the attendee’s needs/skill levels while maintaining control and structure of the class
- Assist with the planning, development and review of educational programs to ensure effective course materials. Identify additional information needed to support business objectives and improve programs.
- Work with other departments to develop/revise cross-functional education materials as changes occur
- Prepare education materials for classes, and workshops
- Clearly and completely document all training provided
- Travel up to 80% of work week, delivering education to the field for agency office training and classroom education. Overnight travel will be required
- Manage Travel and expenses according to Procurement, and plan ahead
- Measurement of activities
- Communicate educational offerings and engage interest in classes offered
- Demonstrate ability to articulate, assemble and deliver information and communicate educational offerings to appropriate audiences using all available mediums such as email, market meetings, Agency Gateway, agency facing newsletters, and the education calendar,
- Possess knowledge of sales, sales processes, back office support and trend identification as well as a thorough understanding of agency contracts, compliance requirements, Allstate policies, and procedures, and agency standards
- Establish positive rapport with mentor, peers,, agents, field sales leaders and agency staff
- Work under the guidance of the Education Unit manager, and Education Division manager with frequent consultations on objectives and goals
- Consistently perform administrative responsibilities, manage voicemail, and email, and class rosters
- Work with FSL’s, new agents, and existing agents to improve compliance results
- Be an expert on delivering virtual training and all of it’s features (Blackboard, WebEx)
- Mentors New Sales Instructors, provides coaching, developmental feedback and coaching
- Provides Market Support to Field Sales Leaders
- Four year college degree preferred
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- One year of related training or insurance sales experience required
- Licensed in Property & Casualty and Life & Health
- Completed one month working in an agency selling with proven production
- Planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrate facilitation skills and ability to speak effectively to groups
- Ability to work in a team-centered environment with minimal supervision
- Project management skills
- Ability to organize and self manage time
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal levels
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top