Sales Administrative Leader
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Sales Administrative Leader (SAL) leads process implementation, when requested by agencies, for a region. The SAL is accountable for building and maintaining regional expertise on 'best practice agency' processes, monitoring the results of agency process implementations, for managing, deploying and coordinating the activities of regional process implementation resources, as requested.
Reports to the Regional Sales Leader (RSL). Manages Agency Process Specialists Growth ("APS-G") and Allstate Process Specialist New Agency ("APS-NA") direct reports. Maintains strong working relationships with Field Sales Leaders ("FSLs") and Territory Sales Leaders ("TSLs"). Sits on the Market Operating Committee.
Position located in Allstate Regional office in Farmington Hills, MI.
This individual is responsible for the following:
Cultivation and Sharing of Regional Process Expertise (~25%)
- Researches and develops "best practices" pertinent to agency business and agency staff management (LSPs), in alignment with Company and regional priorities
- Educates Field Leaders and APS resources on current 'best practices' for process implementation
- Consults with FSLs on the needs, requirements, and implementation timelines for installation of specific processes within agencies where requested and makes recommendations where appropriate
Management of Process Implementation (~25%)
- Manages FSL requests for process implementation support
- Makes strategic decisions on APS resource allocation, based on urgency and size of need, and expected return on investment
- Manages APS-G and APS-NA resources and coordinates locations and activities to ensure the effective and efficient deployment of process implementation resources to agencies as requested
- Involves FSLs and TSLs in APS-G and APS-NA deployment decisions, and gains alignment and momentum in delivering services and results
- Provides oversight for the region's FSA program
Process Performance Measurement & Results Tracking (~25%)
- Develops methodologies to measure and track of process implementation at agencies
- Compiles, analyzes, interprets and communicates sales & process results to the regional field sales organization, and recommends necessary follow up actions or changes in approach
- Develops and ensures FSL and APS utilization of business tools and reports for various purposes, including identifying agency development needs, monitoring agency performance, communicating findings, and providing education for agency staff
Coaching and Development of APS Reports (~15%)
- Coaches and mentors APSs in support of career progression, provides feedback on knowledge, skill, and leadership development opportunities, and suggests ongoing education opportunities
- Manages the talent assessment process for APSs (in partnership with Human Resources), completes PDS performance evaluations for direct reports, and ensures that annual development plans are documented and executed
- Identifies and hires APS candidates
Supports Regional Initiatives (~10%)
- Leads initiatives for integration of regional and territorial sales strategies
- Communicates and develops working relationships across organizational boundaries
- Sits on the Market Operating Committee
- Recommended minimum 5-10 years of experience in sales
- Field sales leadership and P&C / Financial Services sales
- 4 year college degree
- Advanced knowledge of agency business processes, operations, and sales
- Ability to analyze, develop, and implement business processes
- Ability to monitor, analyze, and communicate agency performance results
- Knowledge of P&C and FS products and industry
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and similar business software
- Strong organizational, communication and administrative skills
- Training, coaching, and talent management - Fosters an environment that provides learning opportunities and support
- Project management and organization - Engages resources (people, material, support) to get things done; orchestrates multiple activities to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Communication - Includes presentation, business writing, listening/questioning, motivation and relationship management
- Relationship building - Proven track record for obtaining business results by developing effective relationships within the sales organization and across other business units
- Time management – Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, and organize
Required Licenses (including certifications)
- FINRA Series 6, 26 and 63 (where required) required or the ability to acquire in the timeframe set forth by the Allstate Broker Dealer.
- P&C, Life and Health Licensed in state of residence
- Industry certifications (preferred)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top