SailPoint Operations Security Service Engineer
- Irving, TX
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are open to candidates in the following markets to work from our local Allstate offices: Charlotte, NC; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ. Also, we can potentially offer relocation assistance or a sign-on bonus to individuals who are willing to relocate to one of these markets.
Cybersecurity is a highly dynamic field, requiring ongoing education and exploration. Here at Allstate we develop each other by keeping employees current on the latest skillsets through classes, certifications, and conferences. If you are seeking to make an impact in a dynamic field, you will find out Allstate environment to be collaborative, inclusive, and full of growth opportunities.
Stepping into this SailPoint Operations Security Service Engineer opportunity, you will join the Identity Management Operations team within Allstate. This position has direct, business-facing engagement responsibilities and the candidate is responsible for playing a technical role. The primary technical areas of responsibility include administration and support of SailPoint IIQ products, executing the processes in Allstate's Role Governance framework, and assisting in the implementation of Identity and Role Management process.
- Administration and support of SailPoint IIQ products
- Aid in Allstate's transition from a fully discretionary access model to a Role Based Access Control (RBAC) model
- Managing a fully integrated, highly available application environment
- Communicating with stakeholders and helping stakeholders understand different implementation options at business and technical level
- Performing role audits to find loosely coupled roles that are redundant or are overlapping and then work on to aggregate or split the role into more coherent and self-reflecting job functions
- Execution of role lifecycle processes to include: role definition, role approval, role retirement, role recertification, and role maintenance
- Performing role discovery and role refactoring (maintaining and optimizing existing roles)
- Performing role mining using both top-down, business-oriented role modeling and bottom-up IT role mining
- Utilizing knowledge of Oracle databases and their interaction with the Solaris/Linux Operating System to support our IDM platform
- Reviewing and supporting technical components for complex applications, monitoring of infrastructure components
- Planning and executing ITIL activities for incidents, problems, changes and enhancements
- Incident investigation, diagnosis and incident resolution
- Effectively communicate with peers, quality control, testing and other technology teams
- Strong focus on documentation and standards
- Administration and support of Identity Manager products and Java language
- Utilizing knowledge of Solaris/Linux with basic scripting skills for platform support
- 2+ years of professional work experience in Role-based Access Control (RBAC) as part of an IAM environment.
- Experience participating in a cross-functional role-modeling exercise with both business and technical users to create roles that accurately reflect the organization's business and corresponding IT access authorizations to fulfill those Business needs.
- Experience with Databases (Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL, MySQL) is a plus.
- Experience with Directories (LDAP, AD) is a plus.
- Experience with enterprise IAM systems (e.g. SailPoint) is a plus.
- Familiarity with identity management provisioning processes (e.g. joiner, mover, leaver (JML) and access request and recertification) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and extensive experience working with business and technology stakeholders.
- Experience with QA duties is a plus (usability testing, performance testing, automated testing, test scripts, test cases and test plans) is a plus.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top