RIM & Discovery Attorney - Irving
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position supports the eDiscovery unit within the Law and Regulation Department and counsels on records and information management matters. The unit acts as an internal consultant and service provider for discovery matters through hands-on support to attorneys and legal staff in developing, implementing, and maintaining efficient, cost-effective discovery processes. It often serves as a liaison between the legal team, IT personnel, service providers, and records management personnel.
This position will assist in managing and directing eDiscovery operations, as well as provide advice and counsel for all phases of discovery and records management. It will also manage the company's subpoena response processes.
- Develop discovery strategies
- Provide advice and counsel related to matter-specific discovery issues, including preservation, collection, review, and production
- Assist with custodian interviews and witness preparation
- Provide advice regarding litigation hold processes and respond to process design questions
- Monitor and review new developments related to discovery issuesPartner with the records and information mangement business client and teview and respond to miscellaneous records and information management questions
- Review records retention schedules and provide legal requirements
- Manage the company's subpoena response processes, including managing paralegals
- Quick learner, self-starter, and able to lead in a team environment
- Understanding of and experience with the litigation lifecycle and litigation legal issues, technology and analytics, including current electronic discovery technology, issues, and methods
- Experience with specific discovery tasks such as drafting litigation holds, devising search terms, and establishing document review protocols
- Comfort with data analytics and experience with technology assisted review including predictive coding.
- Experience with Relativity and Fusion software preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, professional development, and business acumen skills
- Able to manage a team and work with and through others to complete highly complex projects, including organizing and prioritizing work
- Ability to oversee multiple simultaneous projects with consistently high quality results
- Ability to identify, develop, and implement opportunities for change including process improvements
- Juris doctorate
- 7+ years related experience
- Knowledge of legal holds and discovery processes and legal issues
- Project management skills and law firm/vendor management experience preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top