Research Engineer-Vision Systems
- Menlo Park, CA
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking to hire researcher engineers to join our Innovation team at our downtown Chicago and Menlo Park (SF Bay area) locations.
Our team works on a diverse set of data and systems including accident data, location data, computer vision, mobility data, demographics, and deep learning tools to create safety solutions, and cutting-edge risk assessing platforms. This is a great opportunity to work with a talented team of some of the world's leading experts to build solutions that are not only groundbreaking, but also helps make driving safer and save lives.
The Research Engineer will develop novel methods, tools, algorithms and techniques to create embedded device solutions, optimizing real time processes for contextual risk assessments, accident avoidance and risk prediction for traditional insurance and safety products.
- Develop embedded device real time solutions, understand the technical problem and solution space, explore analytical and experimentation approach to create solution proof points. Experience optimizing solutions for execution time performance.
- Collaborate with lead researches to develop optimized real time systems in stand-alone and in embedded environments.
- Collaborate in a fast-changing environment and to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues who range from senior data scientists, Developers, Dev Ops, Hardware engineers, and Product manager s
- Present findings for enterprise specific topics to senior leadership.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and/or training sessions to share insights from engineering, software development, tools or procedures to internal audiences, and leadership on a periodic basis.
- Develop methods, tools, algorithms, processing approaches for business solutions and product development.
- Bachelor's in computer science, math, or a highly quantitative discipline.
- Deep hands on development skills in full stack software development to support low latency-sensitive data (real-time). Experience in multithreaded processing is important.
- 1 to 3 years of Open CV experience.
- Working experience with Python and optionally interfacing Python and C++ for computer vision applications.
- 5 plus years of experience in implementing back-end algorithms in C++ for computer vision applications.
- Genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits when finding new solutions.
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships and collaborations while being able to work independently and take initiative.
- Experience/knowledge in optimizing code to improve execution time performance, and experience performing field tests for algorithms and software components.
- Experience in mobile software development (Android and/or iOS) is highly desired.
- Experience in parallel processing on GPUs is desired.
- Experience implementing/developing solutions based on machine learning is also desired.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top