Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Investments manages close to $90 Billion of assets across portfolios for three major clients for Allstate to meet their investment objectives. The business model provides the foundation for daily decision-making and portfolio management. Allstate Investments strives to provide sustainable, competitive, risk-adjusted investment returns and investment-related services for the benefit of the Allstate Corporation. The size of the investment group exceeds 300 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including taxable and tax-exempt fixed income, equities, private and alternative securities and commercial mortgages as well as accounting, finance and technology. Investment performance for our portfolios has consistently provided excess returns for our customers and we attribute that success in large part to the quality of our people. We recognize that our employees are our ultimate advantage and we seek to attract and retain highly qualified individuals with strong academic backgrounds, a deep interest in investments and a desire to be challenged.
This job is an important part of the investment grade analyst team and involves following various industry sectors (potentially Healthcare, Autos, Industrials), making investment recommendations based on a thorough understanding of industry and company fundamentals, as well as valuation. Our process is very team-oriented, with the analysts interacting with each other and the portfolio managers on the trading desk on a continual basis. As such, the ability to work well within the group is critical. The ultimate goal of the research and recommendations is to help the portfolios deliver the best possible results for our clients. This job involves working closely with portfolio managers, developing investment themes, credit analysis and relative value recommendations.
- Analyzing new deals as they come to market and opportunities in the secondary market, as well as maintaining coverage of existing names in the portfolio. This involves thoroughly reviewing related company or industry material, attending or viewing the issuer's road show presentation, meeting with management teams, discussing the company's historical financial performance and business outlook with the portfolio managers to assure that all the relevant issues are properly considered and resolved. This activity often takes place on an accelerated time frame.
- Making recommendations that will drive portfolio outperformance. For existing issues, this includes reviewing quarterly operating results, writing credit reports and updates, developing and updating financial models, reviewing key industry issues and competitors, monitoring changes in prices and spreads.
- Contributing to the improvement of the overall investment process by continually exploring new ideas, processes and technologies that will benefit the group.
The most significant challenges for the Research Analyst for the first 12 months are anticipated to include:
- Adapting to various styles of the portfolio managers
- Learning the organization, culture and processes
- Five to eight years of investment experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of capital markets, quantitative methods, finance, economics and market cycles
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to be a reliable team player, to build trust and confidence through collaborations with a wide range of internal and external colleagues
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Products and Bloomberg
- Ability to work efficiently, organize and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work well with internal and external contacts
Bachelor's Degree required. MBA or CFA a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top