Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Rental Coordinator in Bothell, WA or Tigard, OR!
This function is responsible for assisting claims professionals or a Field office by performing activities and analysis related to auto Loss of Use, customer satisfaction, loss expense management, and other claim activity. This includes, negotiating with collision repair facilities and rental vendors, processing claims payments, and performing analysis to continuously improve loss of use handling in the CSA.
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for monitoring the loss of use extension requests and overall loss of use Best Practices for the CSA, managing and resolving moderately complex customer, rental vendor, and shop issues, and collaborating with leadership to identify and maximize loss of use Best Practices ensuring favorable impact loss adjustment expenses. You will reconcile and negotiate proper rental duration with collision repair facilities and rental vendors, making decisions to ensure objectives are met. You will also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention in all dealings and communications with both internal and external contacts. You must be capable of working independently, prioritizing your own responsibilities, and managing your own workload. You consistently meet band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs and resolving their issues; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Serves as primary liaison between the shops, rental vendors, customers, and adjusters, negotiating to help determine appropriate actions to resolve loss of use issues and processes surrounding claim payments
- Review, analyze and determine actions needed to resolve moderately complex shop and vendor inquiries relating to loss of use
- May assist with researching, negotiating or ordering parts
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- May participate in one or more moderately complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for smaller projects or as a committee team member on medium projects
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience; Auto experience a plus but not required
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies general knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies general knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimates, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies general industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies general knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies general knowledge of standardized problem solving and preparation of basic reports for analysis
- Applies general ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies general negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies general conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle moderately complex claim issues
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
- Military candidates encouraged to apply CLK789
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top