Reinsurance Accounting Team Lead
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an excellent cereer opportunity for a Reinsurance Accounting Team Lead in Jacksonville, FL!
Provide leadership, management, oversight, guidance and technical assistance to a team whose responsibilities are in the areas of legal documents/agreements, systems, reporting, processing and maintenance of Reinsurance and Retro accounts, including application and compliance with all insurance industry standards (NAIC, SOX, GAAP, & SAP), F&I product structures, operating procedures/requirements and all other technical matters that may arise.
Management and Technical Skills
- Maintains distinctive service standards
- Act as primary SME regarding all functions within the team
- Serve as the liaison for reinsurance and retros between ADS and Home Office Legal
- Uses broad business perspective, experience and knowledge to negotiate concepts and business alternatives that result in highly creative decisions that are supported by senior management
- Requests and obtains legal approval as appropriate for all program related activities
- Oversees management of profitability of programs
- Able to effectively engage in legal, accounting, pricing and underwriting conversations that supports ADS’ business objectives
- Answer technical inquiries, provide resolution guidance and furnish information to the client and/or internal personnel
- Ability to analyze data and review analysis prepared by others
- Able to assist in legal, accounting, pricing and underwriting conversations that supports ADS’ business objectives
- Develops communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs, processes, products
- Solicits inputs from key stakeholders
- Evaluates procedures and processes regularly and determines/ recommends alternatives or improvements
- Ensures processes are followed and applied consistently throughout a team
- Adheres to internal and external compliance requirements/standards
- Ability to work under tight deadlines efficiently and with high quality; attention to detail
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Advanced organization skills
- Ability to interpret complicated situations/issues and take appropriate action(s)
- Ability to multi-task in a high pressure, high volume environment
- 4 to 5 years of experience in a manager or team lead position
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Finance, Accounting, or related field
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top