Regulatory Compliance Risk Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Financial (AF) Manager is responsible for supporting the AF regulatory compliance and operational risk/return strategy and guiding the organization by analyzing and optimizing its strategic and operational risk portfolio. This individual will also be responsible for managing and providing thought leadership on various risk programs in support the life operations.
- Defines Allstate Financial’s (AF) Regulatory Compliance Risk and Return Management objectives and assists in the development of the risk management strategy
- Drives overall risk return management efforts across AF by leveraging credibility as an expert in regulatory compliance risk management knowledge and through strong relationships to collaborate with operational and insurance risk leadership
- Performs operational risk assessments and influences proper managing, monitoring, reporting, and escalation structure to optimize risk and return
- Provides extensive expertise and project/process management to AF programs
- Designs and implements improvements to current AF Programs to ensure compliance systems/processes are optimal
- Researches, interprets, and analyzes trends and sources of risk across AF portfolio and leverages information to advance risk / return decision making
- Implements reporting, monitoring, and escalation procedures to ensure that AF is operating within its defined risk appetite
- Provides thought leadership in managing various programs, including establishing priorities and key measurements to inform on emerging risks.
- Lead various cross – functional teams to optimize program managements in pursuit of managing within risk/return principles and tolerances.
- Interacts with senior management and ability to present complex matters.
- Directs and is responsible for work of regulatory compliance risk and return team
- Assesses and anticipates resource needs including skills and training requirements
- Coaches others on regulatory risk and return management techniques and provides necessary training
- Executes performance management and development plans for all direct reports
- Participates in and provides input for succession planning
- Fosters an environment of high performance, accountability, customer focus, leadership, and integrity
- 7+ years of experience; Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Life insurance knowledge strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of professional and regulatory standards
- Exceptional customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere supports new ideas, efficiency and initiative
- Innovative thinking to identify and influence process improvements
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to and desire to move from project to project quickly learning while adding value to the project team and the business
- Develop and/or revise tactics to support changing business strategies and direction
- Decision making capabilities including problem solving approaches, decision frameworks; ability to design and lead complex analysis
- Structure documents to effectively communicate with senior management and drive leadership alignment
- Excellent presentation skills; dynamically (persuasively) presenting ideas to management
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Experience with leading employees and developing staff
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top