Regional Sales Manager - Rhode Island/Long Island
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Benefit Sales build relationships with Agents and Brokers across the country and support them, which contributes to premium growth for Allstate Benefits in the voluntary market.
Responsible for recruiting, training, educating, motivating and maintaining an organization to sell, service and conserve business in order to ensure growth and to meet sales objectives established for an assigned market within the region.
- This position reports to the Regional Director, Allstate Benefits
- The principal areas of concentration include: recruiting new producers, training, growth objectives for assigned producers, sales production from Workplace and Individual products, achievement of premium growth objectives, and the servicing and conservation of insurance in force.
- The Regional Sales Manager will make qualified calls on groups with producers and provide enrollment support on a new producer’s first couple of accounts opened. The Regional Sales Manager provides training and on-going development of producers in assigned area in the region. Of equal concern is the on-going support and training of the Allstate agents and their support staff, and the development of the PPGA distribution channel in the assigned area.
- Receives direction from the Regional Director and is responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship with Workplace Sales Support, Underwriting, Policyholder Services, Premium Administration, Compliance, Commission Accounting, Home Office personnel, and Allstate Field Management.
- Stays current on sales and marketing techniques and changes in state and federal law that affect the Company’s sales efforts and impact the insurance industry in general.
- The Regional Sales Manager is judged in the areas of both Allstate and PPGA production, new case count, re-enrollment production, recruiting new producers, electronic enrollments, leadership and administration in their assigned area.
- Meet or exceed assigned production plan.
- Recruit, train, motivate and develop producers throughout assigned area in the region.
- Contribute to effective relationships between the producers and Home Office departments.
- Help analyze AWD markets and formulate recruiting programs, secure producers who will effectively produce quality premiums for AWD in its various markets.
- Work with producers to help bring value to their existing book of business and develop new opportunities.
- Provide feedback on changes in the marketplace.
- Help implement and support the corporate strategy and 8-2-5 Marketing Plan.
- Help control and manage their own expenses to Company standards.
- Recommend termination of non-producers according to Company standards.
- Help implement and monitor procedures to improve persistency of business written in assigned area.
- Meet or exceed electronic enrollment goals.
- Advanced knowledge of individual and group insurance product, as well as payroll allotment and IRSC 125, and workplace/voluntary benefit experience.
- Sales, communication and relationship building skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in recruitment and management of insurance sales force.
- Microsoft office proficiency. Professional designations such as CLU and ChFC are desirable.
- Active Life and Health insurance license required.
- Knowledge of individual and group payroll products.
- Our ideal candidate will be personally accountable, be a self-starter, strategic thinker, tech savvy, have a strong work ethic and be available to travel within the territory on a daily basis.
- To be considered for this position, candidates must also have previous work experience in sales and a sense of understanding of products in:
- Worksite Benefits
- Voluntary Benefits
- Supplementary Benefits
- Employee Benefits
- Group Products
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top