Regional Financial Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has a Regional Financial Consultant position available out of the Regional office near St. Petersburg, Florida. In this role you will be responsible for a variety of tasks that may not remain constant throughout the week or month. An excellent Regional Financial Consultant should be able to respond to emerging issues in an agile and creative manner. Some of your day to day responsibilities may include the following:
- Partner with regional business leaders in advance problem solving and strategic design to drive profitable growth.
- Facilitate achievement of business objectives with minimal guidance from the Regional Financial Leader and other leaders; while balancing multiple deadlines, accountabilities, and competing priorities
- Anticipate issues / concerns taking proactive measures to identify business implications and recommend solutions
- Build financial team excellence, developing analysts' technical financial acumen, leadership skills and broad understanding of the business to promotion them for a rotation and accelerated career advancement.
- Led the advancement of analytical decision frameworks that allow for more informative and faster decision-making while appropriately identify potential risks.
- Ensure Protection and Regional Finance's credibility and reputation of high quality (accurate, timely, relevant) financial measurement, reporting, planning and consulting.
- Serve as financial advisor and expert, assisting Regional leaders and partners in a consultative manner and identify needs in the areas of forecasting, planning, measurement, business case development, capital management and internal controls
- Build and communicate compelling story lines and forward thinking insights (with minimum focus/reliance on the numbers) to help leaders understand results and anticipate/ understand challenges and opportunities for their business
- Lead multi-discipline project teams as an independent advisor
Some business travel will be required within the state of Florida.
- High-level of knowledge of general corporate finance
- Demonstrated depth and breadth of financial and analytical expertise
- Experience in planning, forecasting and expense budgeting
- Reputation as a trusted business consultant in a finance related area – build relationships with clients while offering analysis and recommending corrective actions based on emerging trends
- Independent thinker with a strong team mindset
- Inspire a positive team environment and motivate others to achieve better than expected results
- Organizational and time management skills - manages through ambiguity, prioritizes multiple projects to meet business partner needs
- Effective communication across multiple levels and mediums
- Demonstrated experience in talent and people management – screen/interview applicants, deliver/document performance feedback, manage/address performance issues, identify High Potential talent, recommend promotions and provide career guidance and mentorship
- BA or BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics or related area of study
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top