Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Do you have an interest in an HR career, where you can develop strong partnerships with hiring managers to make talent decisions that have a direct impact to the organization?
Are you interested in joining a valued corporate Talent Acquisition team for a Fortune organization, and leader in its space?
Our Talent Acquisition team develops, directs, plans, and evaluates the internal and external talent pools, and evaluates the marketplace to satisfy the organization's talent needs. Talent Acquisition has a direct working relationship across all business areas and provides consulting services related to sourcing, recruiting and evaluating top talent to meet enterprise hiring objectives.
As a Recruiter, you will have an opportunity to leverage your strong customer service, customer orientation, and organizational skills to develop your career in Talent Acquisition. You will develop relationships with hiring managers to learn about their business as well as gain an understanding of their staffing needs in order to identify talent for their organizations.
At this level, you will typically be aligned with roles in customer service, administrative/support, class hiring, and operations. As Recruiter, you will manage searches through the full lifecycle to include: understanding position requirements and skills to develop an effective position profile; sourcing and evaluating resumes; screen, interview, evaluate and recommend candidates; develop and extend offers for open requisitions.
As part of our organization, you will maintain records, document searches, etc. while operating in a metrics-driven environment. You will be a dedicated individual providing the highest level of service and integrity with our hiring managers and candidates.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships and consulting with hiring managers to determine position requirements
- Execute the recruiting process to include posting the requisition
- Consult with candidates on all aspects of the opportunity and will refer pre-qualified candidates to the hiring manager
- Communicate proactively and consistently with hiring managers and candidates throughout the course of the search regarding status, scheduling of interviews, process, etc.
- Track candidate activity in the applicant tracking system which includes, tracking candidates through the status and workflow, generating appropriate communications, running reports as needed, etc.
- The successful candidate will possess the following skills, qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related discipline preferred
- Approximately 2-3 years of business experience; prior experience in a recruitment or staffing organization a huge plus
- Proven organizational, time management and administrative skills in order to work independently on a variety of concurrent projects with a sense of urgency, and in a high volume, metrics driven environment
- Solid business writing; demonstrated customer service and communication skills (written and verbal) as well as the ability to listen for underlying needs of the customer
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to take direction and be accountable and independent, as well as a collaborative individual that contributes to a cohesive team environment
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in a variety of settings across all organizational levels
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems (ATS) and/or HRIS applications is helpful
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top