Real Estate Equity Associate Acquisitions
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are seeking an Associate to join the Real Estate Equity Group focusing on acquisitions. This is not a typical real estate acquisitions associate role, as roles are broad and dynamic in Allstate’s Real Estate Equity group. Our approach is strategic and relationship-driven with a long-term view that includes investing in all property types across the risk spectrum domestically and globally using multiple structures including Commingled Funds, Co-Investments, Joint Ventures and Directs versus simple execution of property acquisitions. To be successful, the Associate will need to be a strategic thinker, self-starter with a strong work ethic, willing to wear multiple hats, and have a desire to be an integral part of a team.
Through this role, you have an opportunity to be part of a small team that employs an innovative and highly successful business model, working in close collaboration with their capital and operating partners. Key critical areas of focus include devoting substantial energy to support senior team members in researching, identifying, sourcing, underwriting, and recommending new investment opportunities.
Property type focus will be diverse including multifamily, office, industrial, retail, and other alternative property sectors. Geographic focus is generally major markets in the U.S. but may include select non-U.S. markets. The position is based in Allstate’s corporate headquarters in Northbrook, IL and will require some travel.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform research, financial analysis, underwriting, and preparation of investment committee materials for real estate investments that utilize multiple structures including Commingled Funds, Co-Investments, Joint Ventures, and Directs.
- Assist in execution activities including due diligence, legal, and closing
- Support the development of new strategies differentiated by property type, geography, risk profile (core through development), partners, and structure
- Portfolio management of existing joint venture properties and fund investments including preparing annual business plan summaries, hold-sell recommendations and quarterly monitoring.
- Maintain relationships with existing network of operating partners and fund managers including regular pipeline calls and meetings
- Participate in activities that support the team’s origination goals including meetings or conferences with operators, fund managers, capital partners and the brokerage community.
- Other duties as assigned.
The person selected for this role will possess the following qualifications:
- Ability to assess and underwrite an array of commercial real estate transactions with experience in at least one of the following: direct acquisitions, joint ventures, club deals and fund vehicles.
- Strong analytical skills, with an emphasis on the ability to communicate observations into supportable conclusions and recommendations.
- Detail oriented with a commitment to high quality work product on a timely basis.
- Ability to think independently.
- Strong organizational skills-ability to perform tasks and achieve results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills-ability to interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of internal and external constituents.
- Acquisitions experience is required.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top