Quality Control Analyst -Sr Cons II
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Quality Control Analyst incorporates quality principles and processes into the creation of IT products, applications, and systems. The Quality Control Analyst develops test plans, prepares test data, and executes functional tests using manual and automated testing techniques to ensure compliance with quality standards and customer requirements.
The Quality Control Analyst (QCA) Sr Consultant II develops work estimations, test strategies, and test approaches for large-scale and high-complexity projects supporting IT products, applications, and systems. Coordinates test activities for large scale projects, requiring interaction with business clients and offshore resources. The QCA Sr Consultant II responsibilities also include providing leadership on defect resolution and serving as a subject matter expert for complex testing and technical issues affecting strategic initiatives.
• Develops quality control end to end estimates and work plans for high complexity projects for the focused area of business - encompassing all test levels and test types
• Reviews and grades business requirements for completeness, consistency, clarity, relevance, ambiguity, redundancy and testability for high complexity projects
• Collaborates with external partners / vendors and cross-functional areas to create a consolidated end to end test strategy plan for high complexity projects; clearly communicates the strategy to the business and delivery teams; improve test strategy effectiveness based on production results
• Participates in analysis and design sessions to create test scenarios for input into test deliverables for medium complexity projects; reviews project deliverables produced during the project lifecycle to understand application changes, project scope and testing scope
• Performs manual and automated test execution for high complexity projects across multiple business areas
• Performs data analysis of executed test plans across the end to end solution to ensure data integrity for high complexity projects
• Anticipates and identifies issues and risks both internal and external to the project and create the appropriate resolution and mitigation strategies for high complexity projects
• Works with the different areas to build out an end to end testing environment and data solution that connects the different application areas for high complexity applications
• Creates and manages QC milestones, encompassing all test levels and test types, to ensure milestones are met
• Manages defect process for high complexity projects
• Provides project status report throughout project lifecycle
• Performs root cause analysis and insert process improvements into the project lifecycle in an effort to avoid repeated issues
• Identifies and implements enhanced testing techniques and practices; supports research and benchmarking activities (e.g. utilize test case efficiency metric to analyze trends and implement testing improvements)
• Reviews and validates accuracy of all test deliverables; ensure appropriate sign-offs
• Collaborates with external vendors to define test activities and service level agreements
• Facilitates QC team meetings to disseminate project information (e.g. functional / non-functional requirements, project status, etc.)
• Coaches and develops team members; provide performance feedback to managers of QC team members; act as a QC expert for junior QC analysts
• Possesses subject matter expertise and depth in technical applications and project management skills
Education: College degree (Computer Science/Engineering, MIS degrees preferred)
3-5 years experience in a testing role
Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook
Strong oral and written communication abilities
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top