Qualitative Behavioral Scientist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data, Discovery and Decision Science (D3) job family is accountable for serving as a subject matter expert in the discipline of focus and leading or supporting the application of knowledge and techniques to impact business goals. This job family is responsible for teaching and consulting in their discipline across a broad audience and for driving adoption of related principles to innovate and improve the work done across the department and enterprise.
The Qualitative Behavioral Science Senior Consultant I is responsible for using behavioral science to understand customer insights, influence change and drive decision-making.
- Acts as a thought leader, innovator and advisor within Behavioral Science and offers expertise on complex issues
- Maintains deep familiarity with academic literature, emerging trends, organizational requirements, and recent achievements in Behavioral Science to develop new hypotheses
- Designs, implements and manages complex projects, programs and approaches
- Develops techniques and methodologies to achieve business and corporate goals drawing upon broad functional expertise in behavioral science
- Conducts foundational research across the organization, leading and executing a variety of research programs, including focus group moderation, in-situation observation, interviews, workshops and various forms of design prototype evaluation
- Analyzes, considers the implications of and generates actionable insights related to business outcomes, customer needs and patterns of behaviors
- Collaborates with business units in order to communicate research insights and improve the effectiveness of business decisions through the use of behavioral insights and methodologies
- Assists in the recruitment, selection, and development of behavioral science researchers
- Plans and facilitates teams in the creation of journey maps and user personas
- Serves as a behavioral science subject matter expert and consults on complex issues
- Reviews, evaluates and makes recommendations on appropriateness of models and concepts to senior leadership
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master's or PhD strongly preferred in a field such as behavioral, cognitive, experimental or social psychology, cognitive sciences, Human Factors/Human Computer Interaction or related field; or equivalent experience
- Ability to develop and/or revise tactics to support changing business strategies and direction
- Ability to communicate highly specialized information in a systematic and understandable manner and to present this data to audiences with various levels of expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to quickly build rapport, establish credibility, serve as a consultant and lead teams
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Knowledge of competitor/industry practices
- Functional knowledge of business in general and insurance industry experience in particular
- Experience with Cognitive Task Analysis preferred
- Expertise in ethnographic research methods, product and/or service design research preferred
- Practical experience with inferential statistics, data analysis and experimental design (focus groups, A/B testing) preferred
- Experience with UX research preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top