Qualified Plan Compliance Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Compliance Professionals provide guidance and expertise to ensure that Allstate registered representatives are adhering to the Department of Labor Fiduciary rule.
Performs compliance and ethics projects and processes integral to the implementation of policies and procedures compliant with the Department of Labor (DOL) fiduciary rule. Provide support for the annual CEO certification (3120) process. Conduct system control testing for vended and internal systems.
DOL Best Interest and Suitability
- Monitor registered representative adherence to BICE's Impartial Conduct Standards through quality verification of Suitability Department's reviews
- Assist in surveillance and monitoring to ensure that controls are in place to prevent conflicts of interest
- Testing of new suitability workflow and identification of any training needs
Systematic Controls Testing
- Provide testing of key systems and programs to ensure that automated processes are working as designed
- Cybersecurity and Privacy
- Serve as Privacy Coordinator
- Support the cybersecurity and annual service organization control (SOC) programs
- Assist in testing of key supervisory procedures to support the annual 3120 process
- Assist in regular surveillance reporting and follow up
- Participate in ongoing improvement of surveillance processes
- 2-4 years of experience in Broker/Dealer operations or compliance
- Experience with qualified business - (401(k), 401(a), 403(b) and 457 plans required
- Familiarity with the impacts of the DOL rule
- College degree in related field preferred
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 required and 26/24 preferred with ability to acquire
- Professional designation(s) associated with qualified plans or the ability to acquire them
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to identify issues that require further investigation
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top