Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Are you enthusiastic about quality and leading individuals to do their best? Do you want to make an impact in both technology and the business? Are you skilled in test automation? The Test Architect is a technical hands-on leader in the testing organization who is passionate about driving efficiency in the software development process. You provide overall leadership on test strategy, script design, script execution, automation framework, service virtualization, data virtualization, and environment design & advanced Test Management strategies all combined to improve effectiveness, costs and velocity.
- Provide technical leadership around testing, automation frameworks, best practices and solutions
- Participate in Scrum, Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities - prepared to take on any role within the Agile team
- Provide consultation on the most complex testing and automation strategies
- Assess current state of automation and testing implementations, do a gap analysis and provide strategic direction
- Provide tooling solutions for any automation limitations
- Collaborate with delivery partners to build solutions on testing, automation to achieve CI/CD
To be considered for this role, candidates must have 5+ years of experience in the following:
- 5+ years of experience in Test Architecure
- Experience building and driving solutions within Test Automation
- Web Service/API experience
- Developed Test automation Frame work and Automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java
- Database experience (Oracle or SQL)
- Minimum 7 years' experience in automation testing development
- Experience with Selenium Web driver and grid for parallel executions
- Practical experience with Agile Scrum and waterfall methodologies
- Experience constructing test plans and executing against these plans across functional, regression unit, system, performance, stress and load testing
- Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages/frameworks: C#, Java, Python, .NET/Java frameworks
- 2+ years hands on experience with implementing Continuous Integration and build automation systems such as Jenkins, Octopus etc.
- Experience in architecting, implementing solutions/frameworks for front end and APIs
- Excellent coding skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and tools to support IT
- Experience using Web Service Testing Tools (e.g. CA LISA, SoapUI, other WS tools)
- Experience using test management tools such as HPQC or Jira
- Experience with Source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git, TFS, RTC)
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management (Oracle, SQL, MySQL) SQL and Data Validation are essential
- Understanding of Performance Testing
- Knowledge of mobile automation tools such as Perfecto Mobile and Mobile Labs
- Knowledge of containers, virtualizations and ability to help design and implement computing grids used in testing Selenium
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management (e.g. Oracle, SQL, MySQL)
- Awareness to TDD/BDD approaches and relevant tools such as cucumber
- Knowledge of security testing
- Published and presented technical articles/papers in conferences, journals etc.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top