Property Product Management Communications Senior Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Property Product Management (PPM) Communications Senior Consultant will support communication and education tactics for Allstate's auto products and features - focused on resources for regions, agency owners and LSPs.
In this role you will work closely with Corporate Relations, Marketing, Agency Operations, critical field partners, as well as the Product Management teams within PPM to help ensure the strategic evolution and implementations of the various auto products and features are understood, supported, appropriately positioned within the suite of auto offerings and effectively executed. Your objective will be to help drive engagement, understanding and active support of the complete property offering to help with agent and customer engagement and adoption.
Key Skills / Responsibilities
Communication, Education and Product Positioning
- Advanced speaking and writing skills, with a close attention to detail
- Positive relationship building and collaboration skills
- Ability to establish a network across the organization to support communications and education
- Ability to gain and maintain knowledge of PPM's evolving strategy, goals, key initiatives to help ensure communication plans and content, as well as education materials, are timely, relevant, accurate and appropriately positions individual product features within the suite of auto product offerings.
- Ability to develop an understanding of the insurance industry to apply to communication, education and product positioning efforts
- Ability to apply creativity and innovation to refresh and refine content and tactics to drive readership and encourage engagement
You will be responsible for using the skills above to ensure tactics and materials available to our field partners and agency owners are accurate, relevant, up to date, concise, easy to read, and align with overall strategic direction. This includes maintenance of all existing materials and updating as necessary, as well as helping to craft new materials, as necessary. Materials/resources include key messages, FAQs, talk paths, leader memos, newsletters, storyboard presentations, Gateway page, training materials (presentations and job aids), webinars, eLearning courses, content/style guide, etc.
Process and Product Design / Improvement
- Support the design / development of new plans and processes
- Support communication strategies and education materials for new plans, programs, processes, products
- Solicit inputs from key partners
- Establish and evaluate procedures and processes regularly and determine / recommend alternatives or improvements
- Help ensure processes are followed and applied consistently throughout team / department
- Adhere to internal and external compliance requirements / standards
Knowledge / Experience
- Experience: 3+ years of experience in communications and/or education, content development, and change management; prior experience in insurance industry preferred. Experience in the field or closely connected to the field is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Publisher)
- Ability to adapt to change and lead others through change
- Continually seeks opportunities for learning and development
- Creative problem solving with strong business discernment
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Journalism, Business or related field; or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top