Project Manager - Internship (Irving, TX)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
If you are looking for a career that offers you the opportunity to lead others, build teams, solve problems, negotiate, influence, drive results and work on new and exciting technology projects, take a look at Allstate.
As a Project Manager Intern, you will be responsible for monitoring all aspects of a LIVE project from ideation to implementation. This includes pursuit and/or project delivery including scope, timelines, resources, budget, risks and issues, relationships, and communication. It is the Project Manager's responsibility to lead the project team and ensure the project is delivered on time, within budget, and meets or exceeds quality expectations. The Project Manager provides project management coordination and direction for the entire project lifecycle in multi-methodology spaces. This includes assisting with communications, following-up on issues and actions, and tracking multiple project components such as budget, work plan, and risks/issues.
- Repeatable project coordination/Collects and analyzes project or program metrics in coordination
- Helps track and document completion of work plan activities
- Monitors/Manages low complexity projects according to plan, measures and raises concerns or risks, as appropriate with limited supervision
- Monitors and tracks low complexity project budgets
- Collects data and performs analysis to assist in preparing, portfolio, program or project progress reports
- Crafts and delivers desired/required communications and reviews them with appropriate stakeholders for projects of low complexity with limited supervision
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business Information Management or other related Technical Discipline
- Ability to lead project teams working in a matrix environment
- Knowledge of project management principles and processes
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle & methodologies (Agile & Waterfall)
- Excellent time management, communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Project Manager should be detail oriented, analytical and a self-starter
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Target Start Date: May/June 2018
Work Life at Allstate
At Allstate, we inspire a working culture that encourages teamwork and collaboration. With the flexibility in work schedules, we value work life balance. We thrive on developing our employee's professional growth with the different opportunities to rotate into and learn new things, along with new technology.
We are insurance. We are financial services. We are also so much more. We are lawyers, writers, web developers, accountants, building engineers, application developers, project managers and human resource specialists. We are creative, driven, passionate, fearless and curious. Our unique culture of inclusion helps us maximize innovation and creativity. We believe that welcoming differing ideas, cultures and backgrounds gives us a competitive advantage in a diverse, global marketplace. At Allstate, it's our differences that drive our success — as individuals and as a company. We celebrate creative problem-solving as we work together to make a difference in our communities. We believe in providing the very best tools and resources available to help keep our customers — and our employees — in Good Hands®.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn to find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees in We Are Allstate
Join our award-winning team!
Diversity, balance, innovation and providing an environment where employees can thrive. These are all core values at Allstate, and we have the awards to prove it:
- #8 on InformationWeek 250 Most Innovative Users of Business Technology 2015 – Information Week
- Best Places to Work for Recent Grads 2013 – ConnectEDU
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT 2012– Computerworld magazine
- 50 Happiest Companies in America 2013 - CareerBliss
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top