Project Manager Consultant I - ABO - Charlotte, NC
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Project Manager is accountable for leading all aspects of a project. This includes pursuit and/or project delivery including scope, timelines, resources, budget, risks and issues, relationships, and communication. It is the Project Manager's responsibility to ensure the project is delivered on time, within budget, and meets or exceeds quality expectations.
The Project Manager Sr Consultant I is accountable for leading all aspects of a moderately complex project, sometimes working under a more senior project managers, with the ability to provide project management on moderately complex projects that have a moderate level of risk, organizational span, business complexity, team size, and interdependencies. This accountability on projects may be related strictly to service delivery area needs or may span the entire project.
- Directs strategic initiatives or project of moderate complexity and impact
- Actively seeks understanding of projects deliverables and impact on stakeholders, products and services.
- Drives and influences others through inspiring trust and confidence
- Customizes solutions for issues typically involving impacted service delivery areas
- Drives achievement of projects success factors
- Represents the projects and its objectives in all governance/compliance/regulatory and gating forums, if applicable
- Drives project execution. Provide direction and oversight throughout project lifecycle to project team to meet applicable business requirements
- Engages appropriate stakeholders in risk identification and mitigation
- Assesses and reports health of all projects in an objective manner, maintaining project transparency and accurate status; keeping manager, service delivery area and portfolio manager informed
- Proactively identifies, resolves, and escalates (as needed) projects risks/issues to manager, portfolio manager and service delivery area as needed
- Maintains resource allocation throughout the project
- Acts as an internal advocate for the project
- Identifies, coordinates, and communicates project dependency impact
- Coordinates, documents, and communicates project plans and requirements
- Provide feedback on team member competencies
- Accountable for understanding business objectives and how the projects delivers them; driving adjustments in projects to more effectively achieve desired business results
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes both inside and outside the projects
- Ability to predict risk areas, design mitigation/contingency strategies and execute on these strategies to avoid issues
- Education: College degree
- Experience with Agile and/or Waterfal methodologies preferred
- Experience: 2-4 years of related experience
- PMP Certification (Preferred but not required)
- Demonstrate track record in delivering moderately complex projects and/or programs with a strong focus on execution
- Good written/verbal communication and facilitation skills for communicating at all levels; including strong presentation skills
- Demonstrate strong skills in team leadership and conflict management
- Good consultative, customer focus skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top