Project Management Systems Internship
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Project Management Systems Internship in Northbrook, IL.
The Home Office Support function is responsible for partnering with and advising the Enterprise operations on a variety of business and operational functions including product support, vendor management, project support, referral and leveraging information. This position would be doing work for the Claims Customer Experience Strategy Team. This will focus on the Moments that Matter (MTM). MTM is centered on involving the Agent in their customer’s claim at the right moments of the claims experience. We have data that shows that customers want their Agents involved, especially during some critical events in the claims process. This role will be helping manage where we want to proof out processes that support the Agents involvement with claims at the critical moments in the claims experience.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
Information Consultation and Support
- Analyzes data and presents a story to answer business questions and solve business problems
- Reviews and analyzes historical data to determine trends, show correlations between business actions and outcomes, and makes recommendations for basic to moderately complex business problems
- Engages Field partners and stakeholders to evaluate, triage, and objectively proritizenew informational and reporting initiatives
- Manages, logs, and prioritizes user work requests
- Develops innovative solutions for basic to moderately complex business problems
- Creates basic Business Objects report queries
- Elevates field understanding of Business Objects/Reporting and data technologies user training classes and individual support for Claims Field and IFS users; creates training materials with support from senior members of the staff
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Learn to apply knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Beginning to apply knowledge of basic analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Learn to apply knowledge of standardized problem solving and preparation of basic reports for analysis
- Learn to apply ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Beginning to apply conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Advanced Knowledge of Excel
- Need to have strong communication skills, attention to detail/analytic skills, and relationship builiding skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top