Project Management Lead Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Operations' Project Management job family is accountable for improved business results by providing enhanced decision making support and execution excellence. This job family includes roles responsible for implementing projects, designing and enhancing processes, overseeing Territory, Region and Product Line portfolios and developing and executing major programs. Individuals in this job family work closely with actuarial and quantitative analysts, underwriting and coverage consultants, as well as, business sponsors, field contacts and other SME's to deliver projects on time, within budget and with quality. Responsibilities include interfacing with actuaries, quantitative analysts, and coverage consultants and internal customers in areas such as Technology, State Filings, Marketing, Sales.
The Project Manager Expert is responsible for managing and contributing to a wide range of medium to highly complex projects sponsored by Product Operations or other APL AORs that have requested PM support and expertise. Some projects could include technology based requirements, requiring drafting business requirement and coordinating with technology for successful implementation. Other projects may be non-technology related focusing more on enterprise level process or initiative implementations. This individual also serves as an active member of our IS&O extended leadership team, exhibiting broader influence on peers, broader team, and outside stakeholders.
- Act as Project Manager for large scale, complex cross-AOR projects
- Accountable for the successful implementation of projects by consistently using established PM standards
- Leads projects from start to finish by developing requirements and managing scope, budget, and timeline - all with a focus on quality
- Act as liaison with technology for assigned projects, identifying and driving resolution to issues impacting product or project quality, timely implementation of initiatives and/or quality of initiatives
- Provide support to stakeholders as a subject matter expert on project management and operational interactions and dependencies
- Anticipate risks to business strategy and proactively identify recommendations for resolution, providing consultation and subject matter expertise necessary for senior leadership to align on decision
- Drafting and managing the Business Requirements Document (BRD)
- Developing and managing project timelines (when there is also a Program Manager, this is a joint effort)
- Monitoring project budget
- Communicating project status to key stakeholders
- Addressing, escalating, and documenting project risks, issues, lessons learned, and other knowledge items
- Troubleshooting and providing creative execution solutions to overcome roadblocks and constraints
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; project management certification preferred
- Experience: 7+ years of experience; prior insurance experience preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Intermediate process management skills
- Advanced decision making skills
- Advanced communication skills (written/verbal)
- Advanced time and project management skills
- Advanced Negotiation skills
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top