Production Support Service Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Section Title: Job Description
Allstate is currently seeking a Production Support Service Engineer. The position will reside in Allstate's ATSV Agency Solutions organization in the Integration Production Operations Support Team.
The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day support of roughly 300 TIBCO applications. Accountability includes ensuring that systems are available, driving improvements to change execution success ratios, improving early detection of issues through automation, supporting life cycle management, triaging incident tickets and writing stories to the Product Engineering Development team for incident resolution. The candidate utilizes systems, scripting and developer skills to execute on tasks related to analysis, integration, and moderately to highly complex incidents and problems affecting production systems and multiple applications. This role also helps define and update items in the configuration management plan.
Production support services:
- Completion of assigned tasks in one or more of the following activities: troubleshooting, analysis, fulfilment, change planning and change execution
- Evaluation of logs and resolution of low to moderately complex incidents, and coordinating the escalation of more complex incidents
- Participate in the effort to determine the originating factors for a given incident and develop recommendations for preventing its repetition
- Uses subject matter expertise to coach and train less experienced employees under general direction
- Resolve incidents and perform root cause analysis, escalating high complexity incidents and problems to provide future application, hardware and/or software resiliency
- Evaluates detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements
- Participates and provides feedback in design reviews
- Documentation of incident resolution and posts to appropriate logs/knowledge base for future reference
- Reviewing and supporting technical components for complex applications, monitoring high utilization of infrastructure components
- Effective communication with peers, business analysts, project managers, quality control, and other technology teams
- Analyze information systems processes and monitor key performance metrics; create standard performance reports
- Monitor and evaluate availability and response times, identify variances between hardware and software technology components and security agreements
- General support of a fully integrated, highly available environment
- Working experience with TIBCO Administrator
- Working experience with TIBCO BusinessWorks
- Understanding of file transfer concepts and batch processing
- Working experience with Oracle PL/SQL
- Good understanding of Web Services and design patterns
- 3+ years of application development or production support experience
- 3+ years TIBCO BW
- 1+ years TIBCO Administrator
- TIBCO Hawk
- ITIL knowledge a plus
- Web services development skills using Java is a plus
- Experience working in a Global Team Environment is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top