Product Technology Manager - Java and Spring Technologies
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Product Technology plays a very critical role for Allstate in the delivery of insurance products and we have a large suite of software products that enable insurance capabilities. One of the critical software products is Propagator and its associated ecosystem
Key accountabilities of this area are to transform the existing Propagator mainframe environment, support the RTB delivery of capabilities to the Allstate business and agents and maintain our high quality and availability of service. This team closely collaborates with Rating, Underwriting, Corrective Action and Alliance and our partners in PMO and Architecture.
You're an innovative thinker and agile problem-solver looking to transform a core business function
You will identify and build sustainable partnerships and work with Propagator managers, Corrective Action, Alliance and PADC Leadership to seek out business opportunities.
You will ensure the successful execution of agile rituals to support highly iterative development and learning loops, and contribute to our learning culture by coaching and/or mentoring members of the cross-functional organization.
Delivery Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide technical direction and oversight to your team.
- Inform product strategy based on customer and partner engagements outcomes
- Engage appropriate stakeholders in risk identification and mitigation
- Accountable for understanding business objectives and how the projects deliver them; driving adjustments in projects to more effectively achieve desired business results
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes both inside and outside of your product teams.
- People management for global delivery and local area.
- Technology experience - Java, Spring, Spring boot, framework.
- Possess a solid understanding of delivery leadership demonstrated by the understanding of the difference in leadership styles as individuals and situations require, the demonstration of team building techniques and leadership through personal examples of good work habits
- A demonstrated ability to focus on continuous learning and self-development, understand and connect with the feelings of others, identify, respect and use the different capabilities and interests of others, recognize how emotions affect performance, enlist cooperation and support
- Possess a fundamental knowledge of strategic thinking demonstrated by the ability to anticipate basic resource needs, establish objectives, set priorities, identify resource requirements, define dependencies and schedule activities
- Possess a fundamental understanding of Thriving in Change as demonstrated by the ability to adapt well to changes in work assignments, policies, procedures and reorganizations, accept changes with a minimal loss in productivity
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker
- Results oriented and with a strong customer focus
- Proven track record in successful implementation of strategically important initiatives and projects
- Willingness to further develop technical skills
- Ability to work well with people at all levels, empowering collaboration globally and
- Self-motivated and can work well under pressure.
- Clear passion for topics of data and technology products and an ability to identify possibilities to innovate
- Experience working in a KPI-driven environment using Agile/lean development methods.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top