Product Security Engineer
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Sr. Product Security Engineer will be responsible for integrating security into the development of Allstate’s applications. The Application Security Engineer will work closely with the product and software development team to threat model, vulnerability scan, and pen test the early software, system, and network architecture and identify required control points in the application stack. The Application Security Engineer will also work closely with developers to diagnose, document, and remediate application security vulnerabilities. The Application Security Engineer will also be responsible for evaluating, recommending, and implementing application security related software in an automated continuous integration/deployment environment.
- Work closely with application development and QA teams to help formulate and implement a strategy for software security that is tailored to the specific risks facing the organization, including threat modeling and applications security advisement services.
- Develop and maintain a balanced application security program based on a well-defined application security framework
- Conduct application security assessments / penetration tests and implement tools for dynamic/automated code reviews
- Ensure application design and implementation best-practice with role-based and appropriate access standards, as well as integration with Identity and Access Management environments.
- Ensure compliance with society, regulatory, and industry standards for application security.
- Continuously evaluate the organization’s existing application security practices, define and measure security-related activities, and demonstrating concrete improvements to the application assurance program within the organization.
- Provide secure application development training to developers and provide guidance on the development of web-based training for ongoing awareness.
- Conduct code reviews and penetration testing
- Develop and maintain unit and integration tests designed to ensure security controls are tested on every build
- 5 years’ experience in application development and security
- CEH, CSSLP, or CISSP, GSEC, GIAC certification preferred.
- Must have strong business acumen with ability to work with application development, QA and security teams.
- A strong understanding of application security frameworks
- Thorough knowledge of the OWASP Top 10
- Must have a solid understanding of application security code reviews and penetration testing.
- Practical understanding and use of commercial application security tools
- Must be fluent in write technical reports based on findings.
- Highly proficient with development languages including Java, Groovy, Ruby.
- Strong self-starter who has the ability to operate independently.
- Has solid understanding and experience with establishing application security policies across an organization.
- Excellent oral/written presentation skills with ability to communicate effectively with senior executive leadership; proficiency in preparation of presentations, analytical reports, and documents regarding program operational status, achievement and performance.
- Understanding and Passion for Agile/XP/Scrum/Kanban
- Understanding of Test Driven Development built on User Stories
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Testing/Delivery
- Familiarity with Metasploit, Burp Suite, Fuzzing, Gaunlt, and Jenkins is preferred. College degree
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top