Product Owner, Mobile
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Mobile Marketing team leads the strategy, design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of consumer-facing mobile experiences to enable customers and prospects to interact with Allstate from their smartphone and other connected devices. The team focuses on meeting consumers needs by enabling self-service, deepening customer engagement, and promoting product growth by leading the development of solutions for consumer mobile applications and emerging technologies that support the Allstate brand and prominently feature Allstate Agencies. The team, within e-Business Marketing, also serves as an enterprise resource in the areas of digital engagement and e-Business.
The Mobile Product Owner will develop and execute mobile initiatives and projects, primarily focused on the product lifecycle for Allstate branded mobile applications and other emerging mobile technologies, consistent with business strategies.
The Mobile Product Owner serves as the business product team-member working on the day-to-day implementation and development of mobile applications. He/she will be responsible for development backlog creation, backlog prioritization, story writing and acceptance and delivering business value from mobile app features and improvements.
The Mobile Product Owner will also serve as a team and company resource in the areas of mobile engagement, mobile marketing and e-Business.
- Work with the Product Managers to create and manage a consumer-focused product mobile roadmap, making strategic adjustments as needed based on consumer needs, resource allocation, technology delivery and corporate priority.
- Work along side developers, architects, scrum master, business analyst, user experience, user acceptance testers and quality assurance testers to deliver mobile app code that meets business objectives
- Represent the mobile product team in day-to-day agile scrum team meetings including:
- Daily Stand-Ups
- Sprint Reviews
- Sprint and Product Integration Planning
- Sprint Retrospectives
- Backlog refinement & grooming sessions
- Product demonstrations
- Designs and implements new programs, services and approaches that meet connected consumer needs.
- Works along side Product Manager to collaborate and contribute on product strategy and strategic decisions.
Key Responsibilities (Cont'd)
- Manage analytics and performance reporting.
- Liaison with key members of the marketing organization on communication programs that raise awareness and drive usage of the mobile self-service channel.
- Analyzing market intelligence and business results to translate emerging trends into business opportunities, as well as identify opportunities to improve processes and strategies as appropriate.
- Participates in the management of vendor relationships and ensures information flows between business teams and vendor for successful completion of projects.
- Staying abreast of digital media consumption and technology trends in mobile and related areas to serve as a subject matter expert and resource to internal stakeholders.
- Identifying emerging trends in connected automobile technology and adoption.
Key Responsibilites (Cont'd)
- Cross-functional, individual contributor role that involves presenting the strategic product roadmap to multiple stakeholders, collaborating on features and obtaining buy-in on application design.
- Supports and executes more complex mobile marketing campaigns intended to drive customer engagement including app personalization & content marketing, in-app messaging campaigns, push messaging campaigns and engagement strategies to drive app usage, feature adoption & cross-sell from existing app users.
- Manages deep linking capabilities and customer feedback tools.
- Supports and executes app user acquisition campaigns by working closely with MARA and Consumer Marketing on download campaigns, supporting internal marketing efforts in liaison with digital team, and executing App Store Optimization & Search programs.
- Production Support liaison.
- The successful candidate will have at least 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
- Ideally 1-2 years in a mobile environment
- Familiarity with and affinity for agile development, collaboration and test-and-learn environments
- Passionate about delivering mobile solutions that exceed expectations.
- Ability to effectively understand data, analyze results, draw insights and conclusions, and recommend appropriate actions in an atmosphere of fact-based decision-making;
- Proven ability to work in collaborative, matrixed environment.
- Proven expertise in marketing, with specific experience in digital marketing, including e-commerce;
- Strong consumer disposition with ability to define and communicate consumer-centric business requirements to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Excellent communication and story-telling skills, including the ability to effectively translate and communicate technical information in a meaningful way to non-technical audiences;
- Solid product/service development experience;
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to achieving business results;
Job Qualifications (Cont'd)
- Experience in telematics, automotive, or internet of things is desired, but not required
- Experience in social networks and mobile applications is desired, but not required
- Multi-channel experience is desired
Other skills required:
- Understanding of mobility and mobile apps
- Understanding of technology and emerging smartphone capabilities
- Team player who can blend business and technology
- Knowledge of JIRA is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top