Product Owner & Business Architect
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional opportunity for a Product Owner & Business Architect! This position can be located either in Northbrook, IL or Irving, TX!
This job is responsible for the design and development of technology capabilities within an assigned Claims Digital Transformation (CDT) platform. This position will design, deliver and integrate business processes with new and existing technology capabilities. The individual will develop architecture connecting business processes, functional data flow, and Claim system applications. They will optimize the development and re-use of capabilities across platforms while adhering to design principles, budgets, consumer, Agency owner, and employee user experience. The individual works independently, prioritizes the individual's own responsibilities, and manages the individual's own workload. The individual consistently meets performance expectations, production, quality and/or customer service goals. It's important to note this position will report to the business team NOT the technology team but will partner with the technology team. Manages the design, build, and maintenance/enhancements of complex CDT capabilities
Product Ownership / Business Architecture
- Works with other Product Owners to ensure integration between capabilities within a platform
- Develops and maintains architectural governance and controls over design and implementation
- Partners and collaborates across AORs, Allstate Technology Architecture and external vendors to implement initiatives; influence others as needed to support team goals and initiatives
- Aids in informing CDT roadmap development
- Operates at the capability-level, in support of broader platforms
- Develops functional data flow to ensure the efficacy of new capabilities
- Proactively engages with field stakeholder groups to collect insights and feedback to inform program design; accountable for prioritizing improvements and incorporating enhancements into program deliverables within the roadmap
- Owns the development and maintenance of program deliverables (e.g. process flows, presentations, reports, project updates)
- Collects and analyzes data and insights; leverage results to develop recommendations for improvement
- Informs budget and forecast for CDT portfolio
- Performs process development, improvement, rollout, and integration activities
- Responsible for optimizing process oversight with process agility
- Defines measures to ensure process compliance/adherence
- Influences business process design
- Designs, builds, and delivers business processes and technical capability solutions based upon design principles
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages, researches, and resolves highly complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; recommends, designs, and implements personal and business unit action plans
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred
- Prior Product Ownership experience preferred
- Business architecture and product methodology experience preferred
- Must have a high level of influencing, facilitating, problem solving and ability to develop strategy and execute that strategy
- Applies advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top