Product Owner and Business Architect
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional opportunity for a Product Owner & Business Architect! This position can be located either in Northbrook, IL!
As a talented Product Owner and Business Architect, you are involved in every aspect of the lifecycle of products and business design initiatives that are supportive of the Claims Digital Transformation (CDT). In a nutshell, you love: looking at the big picture and defining a strategy and vision for your opportunity space; translating that strategy into tangible outcomes and deliverables that range from software products to business design changes; and shepherding your product or deliverable to market and beyond.
As an ideal candidate, you are an innovative thinker who isn't satisfied with the answer of "that's the way we've always done things". You're a creative problem-solver that excels at understanding and defining complex problems and is equally proficient at developing innovative solutions to those problems. You're an effective communicator who can advocate for your vision, problem-solving approach, and tactical choices at every level of the organization - from the c-suite to the development team. You thrive in a cross-functional environment and can work effectively with business SMEs, technology professionals, and user experience design. You're relentlessly focused on outcomes and value, not just deliverables or features. You're a big picture thinker who also appreciates the details; you can switch modes seamlessly between systems thinking and backlog management.
- Collaboratively define and drive product strategy, vision and roadmap; evangelize and advocate for your ideas across the organization
- Work with cross-functional, matrixed teams that may include representation from business SMEs, technology, and UX to define, design, build, implement, scale, measure, and iterate on new technology products, business processes, and operating approaches
- Collaboratively define and prioritize a backlog for your product that continuously delivers measurable value towards the vision
- Collaboratively establish, advocate for, and design and deliver products in adherence to comprehensive design principles in support of your product's and CDT's vision
- Proactively engage stakeholder and user groups across the country for both feedback and to educate/advocate for business transformation
- Monitors budget and forecasted spend for elements of CDT portfolio
- Collect and analyzes data and insights; leverage results to identify or understand problems or to recommend improvements
- Collaborate with other Product Owners to ensure integration between products across the system/platform
- Contribute to CDT overall roadmap and strategy
The products and opportunities within our portfolio take many forms and require a diverse, flexible set of cross-functional skills
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Prior Product Ownership/Product Management experience, especially with large scale, distributed products
- Experience or familiarity with Agile XP development methodology preferred
- Familiarity with and understanding of machine learning capabilities preferred
- Familiarity with and understanding of API-based architecture preferred
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional, matrixed working team environment
- Able to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions focused on important customer needs
- Dedicates time and interest to learning, teaching, and continuously improving.
- Desires to contribute concretely to design sessions, analytical discussions, and retrospectives.
- Works collaboratively with other team members in pursuit of a common goal.
- Skilled influencer and facilitator
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Embraces a continuously evolving breadth of projects and goals.
- Innovates and problem-solves by using new modeling techniques or tools.
- Takes initiative and works efficiently while maintaining a focus on the bigger picture.
- Focused on data-driven approaches to solving problems, and accelerating the learning process to validate solutions
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top