Product Operations Analyst - Encompass
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
The Data & Reporting team provides routine, program-specific measurement to the business and identifies performance by segments such as agencies, regions, etc.
The Consultant will perform more complex activities related to the development, maintenance and analysis of operational and statistical data used by Management. This position also provides data to and participates in the formation of operational plans and forecasts and provides answers to questions about business data to both the Business Operations department and external departments.
- Participates and contributes on programs that are up to moderate complexity and are up to moderate scope using accepted program management standards
- Completes program tasks as assigned
- Develops and leads effective presentations
- Tracks own plan performance and program plan or timeline
- Communicates and presents program status
- Ensures program controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the program on individually assigned tasks
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on program objectives
Process and Product Design/Improvement
- Supports the development/design of new plans, programs, processes, products up to moderate complexity
- With support, develops and executes communication plans
- Participates in the evaluation of procedures and processes
- Understands internal and external compliance requirements/standards
Research and Analysis
- Standard knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Identifies and resolves data issues
- Provides observations on intermediate trend analysis (e.g., competitor analysis, risk management, financial)
- Collaborates with business partners to identify emerging issues and assist in development and implementation of strategies
- Uses analysis to influence and drive action with business partners by using fact-based, holistic and forward looking perspectives
- Application of standard mathematical and analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, analyze and report data
- The ability to work with numbers and formulas is required. Output is data, reports, analysis, and research as well as numerical exhibits and written communications
- Provide accurate, timely reports with insight to allow business partners to improve performance
- Can provide observations on basic trend analysis
- General knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards. General application of industry reporting concepts and principles
- May be required to train and review the work of associates.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Math (or related field) or relevant experience/ quantitative disciplines
- Excellent analytical skills and work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details and take initiative
- Intermediate functional business knowledge to support respective discipline – minimum of 1-3 years experience
- Has an understanding of current industry standards/environment
- Contact with an immediate supervisor, and other personnel in the section or group.
- If dedicated to reporting for a particular program team, may also have frequent contact with the members of the program team.
- Continually seeks opportunities for learning and development within their respective discipline(s)
- Intermediate PC skills in spreadsheets, word processing, and presentations
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment, internal and external to departments within Encompass
- Ability to work with numbers and formulas
- Effective organizational and time management skills with proven ability to multi-task
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top