Product Manager - Online Services - MyAccount
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Online Service team within the Digital and User Experience organization is responsible for delivering a quality online experience for both current and prospective customers. The team provides strategic and creative support, development and execution of programs that drive direct business results and support customer retention in a multi-channel environment. The purpose of this Product Manager role is to partner with the team's other Product Manager to create and maintain a digital experience for the Allstate.com self-service applications (primarily My Account) which exceeds customer expectations and meets the team's and enterprise's business goals. The Product Managers lead a team of Product Owners who each focus on specific self-service capabilities and features within an agile SCRUM environment. The Product Managers have responsibility for the performance and growth of the application, the care and nurturing of the business team resources, and the effectiveness of the relationship between numerous business and technology partners and stakeholders. The right candidate will be a highly-engaged individual with experience handling a wide-range of projects and people and have at least 7 years of proven Web experience with a consumer-facing service oriented website, preferably leveraging agile methodology.
- Partner closely with the other Product Manager, taking the lead on the outward facing/relationship focused responsibilities
- Establish/nurture relationships with key stakeholders/influencers who contribute to the definition and ongoing support of self-service strategies, through stewardship, influence, motivation and change leadership
- Possess a deep understanding of team objectives/tactics to improve user experience, grow the business and support customer self-service and retention
- Recommend new ideas, define benefits, initiate new projects and secure approval/funding
- Lead the high level prioritization of initiatives to ensure the best business results
- Lead the implementation of large scale, highly visible strategic initiatives across internal, management, agency and technology teams, coordinating multiple project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Lead the design and implementation of incremental customer-centric solutions that enhance the larger customer touch-point ecosystem, which reaches beyond digital to email, agency interaction, etc…
- Participate in decision making to ensure optimized deliverables
- Analyze customer feedback, evaluating the effectiveness of existing capabilities so that actionable insights for improvements can be implemented
- Participate in planning to determine the future direction of digital applications/functionality by combining consumer needs and insights with quantifiable business cases to establish program roadmaps and strategies that are built on consensus and buy-in from senior leadership
- Lead and nurture a team of Product Owner professionals, overseeing their implementation of business functionality
- 7+ yrs Web experience with an ecommerce/customer facing application
- 3+ yrs program management experience in a complex corporate environment, leading high-performing teams
- Deep knowledge/understanding of P&C insurance lines and self-service capabilities
- Strong team player with excellent organization, communication (both oral and written) and coordination skills
- Excellent relationship building, collaboration, influencing, negotiation and conflict mediation skills
- Self-starter able to work autonomously and pivot quickly based on changing business needs
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and to create the environment that fosters that
- Rich proficiency in the MS Office product suite
- Experience working with web analytics tools such as Site Catalyst
- Experience working with technology concepts and SDLC methodologies such as waterfall and agile scrum - familiarity with JIRA/other agile tools a plus
- B.A. in relative field required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top