Product Manager Lead Consultant
- Irving, TX
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Owner Lead Consultant works within the Allstate Product Manager job framily and is responsible for contributing towards defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of one or more products in Allstate's growing technology product portfolio. The Product Owner for this particular role will assist with establishing strategic product vision, product discovery, roadmaps, and backlog to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product. This role has a strong tie to our Claims Master Data Managment products and experience with Big Data is preferred. Successful Product Owners help to identify assumptions and validate those assumptions through the use of product discovery techniques. The ideal candidate is responsible for working closely with key stakeholders and partners, ensuring the successful definition and execution of go-to market and communications strategies for their products. As a lead the individual is also responsible for actively participating in our learning culture; including coaching and mentoring staff, stakeholders and peers.
- Contribute towards creating the product strategy for one or more products in our growing digital product portfolio.
- Use customer feedback, detailed market analysis, and data gathering to provide recommendations on decisions about product strategy.
- Define and manage metrics to measure the success of your efforts and to inform the overall product strategy.
- Represent the "voice of the customer"; invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs and habits.
- Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and product direction.
- Provide input on decomposing complex problems into smaller manageable tasks by creating and prioritizing a backlog for the Product Team.
- Assist with managing the product backlog, contribute towards creating an effective vision and provide timely stakeholder feedback on development iterations.
- Ensure the successful execution of development standards to ensure tight feedback loops and clear product definition.
- 3-5 years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with the following CICD tools highly preferred: Jenkins, Artifactory, GIT, VersionOne/Jira
- Experience working with the following BigData Technologies highly preferred: Hadoop, Spark, Scala, MongoDB, Kafka
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably experienced with shipping software.
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you hAad the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Ability to contribute towards data-driven decision making on complex and innovative concepts
- Ability to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Understanding of and experience working in a development environment
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA/MIS/MS desired
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top