Product Manager Associate Marketing Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The purpose of the Product Marketing team is to lead the marketing strategy, planning and development of marketing programs that build consideration, choice and growth for all Allstate products and services. The team develops and executes programs with a consistent brand look & feel and with operational excellence across all media and communication vehicles. The Product Marketing team collaborates with and is accountable to various Allstate business and marketing partners to ensure programs and communications are strategically aligned with the Allstate brand strategy, business unit goals and business strategies.
The Product Marketing Associate Marketing Manager leads planning and creative development and manages day-to-day execution of marketing programs and tactics that drive profitable growth and retention for Allstate. The Associate Manager leads cross-functional teams on complex project plans, direct staff/external agency partners, and influence business partners and strategies. This position consults with others in Consumer Marketing, Digital Transformation, MARA, Innovation or business areas to gain input to develop, execute and measure the marketing plan. The Associate Manager possesses strong attention-to-detail, advanced communication skills, advanced copyediting and ability to judge creative and provide constructive and clear direction and feedback to both internal and external partners. The Associate Manager also manages and helps others prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Lead the planning, creative development and implementation of integrated marketing communications to support various programs and strategies, offering solutions and recommendations to manager, other contributing team members and business partners with a focus on new property product development.
- Demonstrate expertise for contributing to development and implementation of complex integrated marketing communication programs, including analyzing research/data inputs, contributing to developing marketing strategy and marketing communication plan, and determining and allocating resources required. Manage all elements through completion, measurement and post program analysis.
- Lead and/or direct others in managing required day-to-day tasks, including status report and timeline management, meeting coordination, legal and key stakeholder approvals, and maintaining centralized files for reference and compliance.
- Manage and/or lead others in managing program budgets and provide monthly and quarterly budget forecasts to internal finance team
- Develop presentations, program overviews, recaps, and other materials for internal meetings and presentations; present work internally to marketing leadership and other business partners
- Integrate across marketing teams and other departments, building relationships with internal and external business partners and resources
- Influence, negotiate and persuade team members to support business goals and initiatives; initiate ideas and manage actions plans on cross-functional teams
- Manage marketing/advertising agency partners
- Work with strong level of independence on new or unfamiliar projects
- Advanced organization, project/program/time management skills and attention to detail
- Advanced experience using Microsoft suite, including PowerPoint
- Advanced relationship, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments and with cross-functional teams
- Intermediate strategic and analytical skills
- Intermediate solutions skills; flexible in times of change
- Intermediate presentation development and delivery skills
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and experience with a deadline driving environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; strong ability to write, copyedit and judge creative
- Demonstrated experience managing the creative production process
- Demonstrated aptitude for interpreting data/results from a marketing program or product initiative
- Demonstrated experience with marketing technology-based products and/or loyalty programs preferred
- 6+ years of Marketing experience, preferably including Advertising/Marketing Agency experience and/or in a role managing marketing agencies
- Bachelor's degree required: Marketing, Journalism or Communications concentration preferred
- MBA/Master of Communications or related field preferred
- Must be highly motivated and a passionate team player
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top