Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As a Product Manager within Product Technology, you will guide a team in building Rate making and Rating Products that align to the strategy of the organization. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on insurance industry experience and your contact with key stakeholders in pricing, data analytics, architecture among other organizations. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. A product manager's key role is strategic, not tactical. The other organizations will support your strategic efforts; you won't be supporting their tactical tasks. You will be accountable for ensuring that the right product is defined, prioritized, and built.
- Work closely with Pricing and Data/Analytics clients and business stakeholders to understand their product vision, and break it down into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
- Builds services in support of strategic initiatives, contributes to the strategic vision of services/APIs and makes contributions to adhere to a broader Allstate product strategy. Should collaborate across multiple domains to plan and execute on the delivery of enterprise services.
- Develop a product vision by engaging with internal stakeholders, customers, and the broader community, then break that vision down into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
- Develop a continual product roadmap, adhering to key organizational goals as well as those of the supporting business units.
- Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver software that meets client requirements
- Help clients understand our iterative development approach and focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization
- Work with design resources to ensure timely delivery of designs and assets to the development team
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to work across various levels of detail from deeply technical to business specific.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and clients
- Previous success working with an agile development team
- Previous success in building enterprise services, APIs and highly scalable services.
- Background in design or software development a plus
- 5+ years of product management experience, especially with APIs/web services
- 3+ years of experience in insurance rating and pricing.
- Experience with Pivotal Tracker
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top