Product Management Workstation (PMW) Analyst II
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Management Workstation (PMW) family within Pricing Analytics and Actuarial Services (PA&AS) is accountable for enabling informed pricing strategy development through modeling the impact of potential pricing decisions, providing segmented analysis and measurement of pricing structures.
This role will collaborate with other members of the PMW Team to provide basic to moderately complex analytical support to various areas of the organization. In addition, the individual will be responsible for supporting a number of business processes that exist within the team and ensuring the maintenance of Allstate rates within our tools. Project work includes, but not limited to: rate and rule changes that affect rating, minor & major initiatives, basic to moderately complex data validation and other projects that are basic to moderately complex in nature.
- Attends applicable sessions to learn the basics of the insurance product and PMW responsibilities, processes and expectations
- Learns how each component of work fits together and applies this knowledge to projects
- Develops familiarity and utilizes available data sources/tools and measurement processes to provide data to internal customers
- Contributes to project work plans to coordinate requirements of projects across various disciplines (Actuarial/Modeling/Technical), including formal documentation and communication to interested parties
- Understands the overall project plan for states/regions as well as various product initiatives available to be implemented, and develops a recommended project plan and timeline for assigned region
- Understands the state regulatory environment and specific regulations in order to make decisions about the implementation of pricing and underwriting changes (including, but not limited to, rate/rule changes and minor initiatives) for assigned region
- Maintains current Allstate rating plans
- Partners with Pricing/Analytics to gather requirements in order to design and build new measurement scenarios of basic to moderate complexity for assigned region
- Performs detailed testing and documentation through various database queries and applications for quality assurance
- Contributes to make daily decisions on the best application of data fields/sources to meet accuracy standards, and to identify and resolve basic data issues with support of mentor/manager
- Performs basic to moderately complex ad-hoc data requests/extractions for business partners
- 0-2 years of experience; Bachelor Degree preferred
- Basic/Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Basic technology skills
- Basic/Intermediate decision making skills
- Basic/Intermediate time and project management skills
- Basic/Intermediate problem solving skills
- Intermediate communication skills (written/verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Works effectively in a team environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top