Product Management Lead Consultant - Allstate Roadside Services
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The ARS Product team is responsible for creating and delivering the Allstate Roadside Services (ARS) products, capabilities and services that deliver exceptional customer experience and give our business competitive advantage. The team manages portfolios of products, services and technologies. They serve as business owners to technology (ATSV) delivery teams and advocates for customers and partners. Team objectives are to deliver valuable capabilities and services to customers (internal operational users, consumers or partners) through the portfolios they manage. Additionally the team oversees special projects, cross-functional teams and contracted consultants required to drive ARS strategy.
The Product Owner is responsible driving execution on the product strategy as defined by the Product Manager throughout the product lifecycle. Reporting to the Product Manager, the Product Owner will work closely with the business to ensure the features developed align with the strategic goals and customer needs.
- Communicate and work closely with key stakeholders within the organization to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met, including developers, engineering, QA, sales, marketing and support
- Gather customer, business and technical requirements and filter them down into a single product backlog
- Define the product vision, strategy and roadmap, translating them into prioritized user stories
- Facilitate simplifying the inherently complex organizing and planning solutions necessary to iteratively address market needs
- Facilitate the definition of project scope for projects that are loosely defined (from an idea or charter, to foundational requirements, to epics, and finally to actionable user stories that can be handed to the delivery team)
- Create and own the product backlog with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Operate as a single point of contact within the Agile team and be involved in the day to day operations of the scrum team
- Work in conjunction with a team of Product Owners to ensure the success of the entire product suite
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Run beta and pilot programs with early stage products and samples.
- Establish, track and report on KPIs of product performance and ensuring targets are being hit.
- Create product overviews and training materials for internal and external use.
- Conduct trainings for the company to enhance company-wide product knowledge
- Deliver products and meet objectives within budget and time commitments
- Drive continuous improvement, offer solutions and demonstrate performance in support of business goals
- Work directly with senior managers and take a contributing position in overall program success
- Bachelor's degree or a related technical experience
- 5+ experience working at different levels in a product organization
- Experience in Agile development processes
- Certified Agile Product Owner preferred
- Experience in multiproduct, multi-team environment
- Experience with JIRA preferred
- Strong communication skills including the ability to tailor the delivery of complicated information to all organizational levels and professional backgrounds
- Proven ability to build rapport and establish credibility and trust
- Experience working with distributed and/or offshore development and testing teams
- Ability to comfortably work in an iterative/collaborative environment and facilitate collaborative decision making
- Knowledge of information technology applications, processes, software and equipment
- Ability to take initiative, leveraging understanding of business processes and objectives
- Strong project management, presentation and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; including Visio and MS Project
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top