Product Management Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position can be based in either Overland Park, KS or Lone Tree, CO
Job Family Summary
The Field Product Management Office (FPMO) makes business decisions for a line of insurance or defined marketplace which appropriately consider product, pricing and risk management levers. They evaluate the opportunities and challenges in the marketplace and build strategies to address them while ensuring integration with other business units to achieve growth and profitability objectives.
Participate in projects using appropriate technical skills to complete assignments that support business goals. Supports teams in the implementation or design and communication of projects, products or analytics
Collaborates with Internal and External Stakeholders to Execute Processes and Projects Aligned to Business Strategies
- Assists with or leads assigned projects
- Tracks own plan performance and project plan or timeline
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project on individually assigned tasks
- Actively participates in building strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
Participates in the Development and Execution of Strategies and Plans
- With direction and support, conducts routine analysis of the marketplace, competitive position and business results and can articulate findings that support the development the local market operating committee/Line strategies and plans to ensure business objectives are being achieved.
- Participates in the integration and delivery of planned changes/project/products in the region with Sales leadership
- Understands basic market specific implications of business strategies
- Assures proper execution of regulatory/ legislative practices for Product Management
- Understands internal and external compliance requirements/standards and recommends adjustments to strategies as needed
Builds expertise as a Subject Matter Expert on Product, Price and Risk Management Policy and Processes and Competitor Intelligence Tools and Resources
- Develops basic working knowledge of all Allstate personal lines product, price and risk management policy and processes and competitor intelligence tools and resources (including basic knowledge of underwriting systems and technologies)
- With direction, understands local market (business results, marketplace realities, regulatory environment and competitor actions etc…) and how it may impact home office strategies and deliverables
- May conduct analyses of product, price, risk management policy and processes
- May conduct analyses of Competitors using internal tools and resources
Participates in the Development and Delivery of Product Management Education to Key Stakeholders
- As directed, participate in the development of a strategy to address sales education needs for existing product lines and build necessary materials to achieve education objectives
- Participate in the development of an education strategy and materials regarding the implementation of a new product, price or risk management policy or process. Recommend modifications to Home Office provided education materials when necessary
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of education materials provided by Home Office to support enhancements for future implementations
- Support the delivery of effective education to designated trainers
Participates in the Development and Delivery of Communication Strategies for Product Management Deliverables
- With direction and support, demonstrates understanding of market specific implications of business strategies to market operating committee and Home Office
- With direction and support, communicates findings from routine analyses (e.g., competitor analysis, risk management, financial)
- Participate in the development of a strategy to address sales communication needs for existing product lines and build necessary materials to achieve education objectives
- Participate in the development of a communication strategy and materials to support the implementation of a new product, price or risk management policy or process
- Bachelor's degree;
- Intermediate written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively communicate specialized terms and data
- Intermediate knowledge of product, price, risk management and insurance regulation knowledge, with working knowledge of lines, rate plans and product offerings
- Working knowledge of current industry standards/environment
- Good collaboration and relationship skills
- Ability to plan, implement, manage, and/or sponsor projects of small to medium complexity and/or small to medium scale key initiatives using accepted project management standards
- SQL and/or Tableau experience preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top