Product Management Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Bachelor’s degree; Major in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or Risk Management/Insurance preferred
- Proven practical application of SQL, Access and Excel in a business environment; SAS, Tableau, Business Objects, or other data skills are a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with ability to collaborate with others and effectively communicate
- Intermediate knowledge of product, price, risk management and insurance regulation, with working knowledge of lines, rate plans and product offerings
- Working knowledge of current industry standards/environment
The Field Product Management Office (FPMO) makes business decisions focused on achieving profitability and growth objectives by strategically managing product, pricing and risk management levers for our supported lines of insurance. They evaluate the opportunities and challenges in the marketplace and build strategies to address them while ensuring integration with other business units.
Participate in projects using appropriate technical skills to complete assignments that support business goals. Supports teams in the design, implementation and communication of projects, products or analytics.
Analyze results and trends to develop actionable recommendations, forecast benefits and impacts and build solutions that ensure business objectives are achieved
- Ability to manipulate data to perform detailed analyses on quality and profitability trends, understanding cause and effect relationships between results and effectively communicate actionable recommendations for change
- Proactively identify emerging issues and develop strategic recommendations to improve results
- Seek out growth and profit opportunity areas
- Forecast impacts of recommended initiatives and monitor results post-implementation
Participate in the Development and Execution of Strategies and Projects
- Support the local leadership team’s strategies to ensure business objectives are being achieved
- Participate in the integration and delivery of product changes to the field
- Understand basic market specific implications of business strategies
- Assure proper execution of regulatory/legislative practices
- Understand internal and external compliance requirements/standards and recommend adjustments to strategies as needed
- Ensure project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project on individually assigned tasks
- Actively participate in building strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
Build expertise as a Subject Matter Expert on Product, Price and Risk Management Policy and Processes
- Develop basic working knowledge of all Allstate personal lines product, price and risk management policy and processes, as well as available tools and resources (underwriting systems and technologies, competitive intelligence sources, data gathering platforms)
- Understand the local market (business results, marketplace realities, regulatory environment, competitor actions, etc.), and implications that business strategies may have on the market
- Conduct analyses of Allstate’s product, price, risk management policy and processes, as well as competitors’
Participate in the Development and Delivery of Product Management Education and Communication Strategies to Key Stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of a strategy to address sales education needs for existing product lines and build necessary materials to achieve education objectives
- Participate in the development of education materials and a communication strategy regarding the implementation of a new product, price or risk management policy or process
- Support the delivery of effective education to designated trainers
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top