Product Development Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Dealer Services values our Agent and TPA relationships. Our dedication is to provide our Agents with products that are enhanced through our brand, training, support and streamlined services. Our clients depend on us to provide them with top-of-the-line Finance and Insurance products that bring value to their consumers. We remain committed to providing quality products and services through auto dealerships, banks, and other retail facilities.
Are you looking to join a team that designs, develops and launches new products and product enhancements? Are you driven to promote growth and improve the customer experience? The Product Development team at Allstate Dealer Services is accountable for all this and more. This team delivers an acceptable return on investment through three distribution channels: Independent Agents, Strategic Partners and TPAs (Third Party Administrators).
The Product Development Consultant provides support for new and existing product development activities using advanced technical skills to complete assignments that support business goals. The role is responsible for leading multifunctional teams in the design, analysis, and implementation of new products or product enhancements with activities including, but not limited to, projects, products or analytics.
- •Assists Product Manager in prioritization of new & existing projects
- •Leads and contributes to projects that are moderate to large in scope and complexity using accepted project management standards
- •Completes, tracks, and communicates progress and status of assigned tasks and projects
- •Utilizes the organizations product development process throughout all phases of new product and product enhancement projects
- •Demonstrates proficiency in building strong relationships among teams and team members to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- •Identifies, develops and designs new plans, programs, processes, and products up to moderate complexity
- •Leads the integration and delivery of planned changes/ projects/ products to regions/field
- •Identifies and implements product line process improvements
- •Assists product Manager in vendor management activities
- •Assists in the development of processes and tools required to complete projects within scope, time, and cost constraints
- Bachelor Degree required with business or analytical concentration preferred. MBA a plus.
- 2-4 years industry experience with background in project management or product development preferred
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of industry and standard market specific implications of business strategies
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Some formal training in project management or business process improvement
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top