Product Designer - Tempe, AZ
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
CompoZed Labs at Allstate are leaders in Agile XP software design and development practices. Our approach to product delivery is fast yet sustainable, and our commitment to working in a balanced team creates an inspiring and innovative environment.
We are looking for talented and passionate Product Designers to join our growing UX Team at CompoZed Labs. You will be responsible for applying user-centered design methods to frame and deliver the experience of the products we build to be useful, usable and enjoyable. Working in an Agile XP environment, you will collaborate with fellow designers, product managers, developers, end-users and stakeholders to define, design, ship and iterate products.
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to design and envision experiences iteratively in a lean environment
- Maintain a user-centred approach in design perspective and practice
- Guide product decisions through user research, customer development, and iterative feedback loops.
- Ability to manage senior project stakeholders (internal & client) to help shape, define and manage ongoing expectations throughout the project lifecycle.
- Familiarity with UX trends, methodologies and expert skill with UX tools.
Experience in developing rapid prototypes.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and aren’t afraid to stand up for what they believe is the right product based on user feedback.
- Open to feedback and engages in active listening.
- Have an interest in innovation and an unquenchable thirst to continually learn new technologies and design skills/methods within the digital space.
About the role
- Work in pairs effectively with other product designers and/or other project team members that have complementary skills.
- Immerse in the details of a project, working on one engagement at a time.
- Manage the end to end user experience process on engagements.
- Conduct appropriate user research and analysis methods to answer the research questions at hand.
- Create high quality UX deliverables which deliver on product outcomes.
- Create rapid iterations of design prototypes that can be frequently tested and validated with users
- Produce materials for clients and developers, including user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, live style guides, and assets.
- Contribute to and promote on-going enhancement of the Allstate UX design methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in design, computer science, information sciences, psychology, human factors and or HCI preferred.
- Proficiency in at least two of the following UX disciplines: User Research, Interaction Design/Information Architecture, Visual Design or Front-end development.
- Have experience designing full-service consumer and business applications.
- Solid understanding of the user-centred design process.
- Have experience working independently with clients or stakeholders and demonstrable experience of building successful business relationships.
- Strong communication skills. Have the ability to present and explain design decisions to team, users and stakeholders.
- Experience using Lean UX methodology is strongly desired.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top