Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position is with the Field Product Management Team in the Northeast Region. The purpose of the department is to support and drive profitable growth and increase market share in the Northeast Region. This is driven through specific price/product/risk management initiatives, market intelligence, local market planning, and policy adherence. The scope of this position is to lead and support margin management analysis through the monitoring and communication of key profitability measures by line and quality. The candidate will be responsible for root cause analysis, development of strategies, execution and communication of these results using all available tools and resources.
- With minimal direction and support, provides analysis to support the effective execution of distribution strategies. May include quote/close ratio analysis, agency deployment measures, and agency level analysis
- Performs basic to moderately complex analysis on loss and premium factors across lines of business against expected and desired outcomes.
- With minimal direction, applies business and technical skills to analyze key performance indicators and make recommendations to drive profitable growth.
- Performs and evaluates trend analysis (e.g., competitor analysis, risk management, financial).
- Follows appropriate analyses to be conducted for projects to make recommendations to achieve corporate goals
- Can analyze data and review analysis from others and identify and resolve basic data issues
- Develops working knowledge of all Allstate personal lines product, price and risk management policy.
- Assists in the development of an education strategy and materials regarding the implementation of a new product, price or risk management policy or process of low to moderate complexity.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to clients in home office, regional departments and sales related to business decisions.
- Ability to plan, implement, manage, and/or sponsor projects of small to medium complexity and/or small to medium scale key initiatives using accepted project management standards
- Participates in the evaluation of procedures and processes regularly and makes observations or suggests improvements
- Ensures project controls are in place throughout the lifecycle of the project within own tasks
- Actively builds strong relationships among teams and team members in sales, pricing, claims, finance, risk management, and others to ensure cooperation on project objectives.
- Understands standard market specific implications of business strategies
- Assures proper execution of regulatory/legislative practices for Product Management
- Understands and follows internal and external compliance requirements/standards and makes adjustments to strategies as necessary
- Trains/coaches team members or peers and actively shares expertise with peers
- Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Risk Management, or related curriculum
- 2-4 years of experience working with business analytics preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Excel, SQL, Visual Basic, Access, Word, and PowerPoint and/or other modern data analysis systems
- Has an understanding of current industry and professional standards/ environment to impact decisions and indicate requirements
- Attention to detail with the ability to spot inconsistencies and troubleshoot potential issues
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner and to monitor processes throughout a team or department
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast paced environment, while demonstrating persistence and problem solving skills.
- Professionalism, positive attitude, and the ability to work well with diverse perspectives are keys to success in this position.
- Strong decision making skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top