Product Analyst (Business Analyst)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Are you naturally curious?
Do your friends say that you have an eye for details?
Do you enjoy reviewing data to come up with insights and trends?
If you answer yes to these, then this role is worth your consideration.
The Allstate Dealer Services (ADS) team is seeking an analytically minded individual to join their Product Development team. You will design, develop and launch new products and product enhancements that drive growth, improve the customer experience, and deliver an acceptable return on investment through three distribution channels: Independent Agents, Strategic Partners and TPAs (Third Party Administrators).
As a Product Analyst you’ll play a vital role in supporting the development of new and existing products that impacts P&L. The role is responsible for assisting and occasionally leading cross-functional teams in the design, development, and market implementation of new and enhanced products. The position supports the Product Manager to improve competitive position and profitability of products and programs. The analyst is also responsible for providing medium to high complexity analytical and competitive research support to various leaders of the organization.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of new products, and processes up to moderate complexity
- Use your keen problem solving skills, quantitative/qualitative analysis and business acumen to assist in developing product strategies
- Effectively present your strategies to co-workers up to senior managers
- Support new product/process initiatives from concept to launch
- Influence the direction, design, and development of product changes with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamentals of systems or applications as needed by a department/discipline
- Balance key business goals and initiatives against product and feature requests from customers
- Independently collect and analyze data from a variety of sources to identify trends, market potential, competitive forces, penetration/segmentation strategies, customer preferences, and provide viable recommendations
- Interpret, understand, and effectively present competitor’s key initiatives
- Develop competitive intelligence reports and provide market drivers for strategic planning process
- Understand market dynamics and user expectations and the ability to adapt to these forces
- Identify and implement product line process improvements
- Participate in and contribute to projects that are moderate to large in scope and complexity using accepted project management standards
- Track and communicate progress and status of assigned tasks and projects
- Demonstrate intermediate knowledge of departmental and corporate functions
- Complete ad hoc projects as assigned by manager
- Bachelor degree required, with business or analytical concentration preferred
- 2+ years of experience in supporting product management/development or related professional experience
- Intermediate quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in building strong relationships among teams to ensure cooperation on project objectives
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic technical aptitude and experience in data mining tools such as Business Objects, SQL, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, & Word. Experience in Microsoft Project and Visio is preferred.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top