Private Equity Investment Attorney
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Attorney – Investment Law
We are looking for an investment transactional attorney with 7-9 years of investment counseling in the areas of private equity funds, direct investing, joint ventures, and other investment areas. You must be interested in an in-house position in the legal department of a Fortune 100 company. Join Allstate as a Staff Attorney in the Investments & Business Transactions division of Allstate's Law & Regulation Department!
You will collaborate with other attorneys and work directly with our business partners as a member of the investment law team. The investment law team is responsible for a wide range of investment transactional work for our public company parent, numerous subsidiaries, and our investment advisers. The investment law team's work includes advising the business partners on Allstate's $80 billion portfolio that includes all types of public and private investments.
We are fortunate to have a great team of talented, engaged, hard-working attorneys and are looking for someone like that to join our team. You will be working with attorneys who are invested in your professional development and appreciate that work-life balance begins with the idea that your career and your life should be mutually rewarding, not mutually exclusive.
Your role on the team:
- You will provide legal advice and counsel to business partners on legal issues and risks in connection with various transactions, including complex matters.
- You will conduct legal reviews, identify issues, draft, review, and negotiate agreements, manage projects and prepare recommendations with respect to day-to-day matters.
- This position supports, and has direct accountability for overseeing and handling legal issues for the business partners who manage the private equity asset class.
- You will also be responsible for overseeing the work of outside counsel and paraprofessionals.
- License to practice law in a U.S. Jurisdiction
- 7 to 9 years of private equity investment transactional experience in a law firm, a Fortune 500 company or similar organization
- Proficient skills in negotiation skills and experience advising business partners on private equity investment transactions
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical-thinking skills, as well as the ability to identify and manage issues
- Ability to adapt well to change, multi-task, make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, respond with a sense of urgency and deliver results
- Good interpersonal skills combined with the ability to develop and influence others
- Solid legal and business knowledge with respect to investment transactions
- Developing relationships with industry peers and participation in industry associations
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top