Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Privacy – responsible for the governance and protection of Allstate's customer, consumer, employee, claimant and others' personally identifiable information and leads the Information Protection and Privacy Governance Office as well as Information Protection Coordinators throughout the enterprise. In addition to developing and managing Allstate's Privacy Policies and Standards, this group provides operational guidance for the processes and related tools to assess, manage, mitigate, and remediate privacy risk with a focus on the customer
The purpose of the Privacy team is to lead the organizational design, implementation, and enforcement of an effective privacy program (the "Program"). The purpose of the Program is to promote an organizational culture that encourages a strong commitment to compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations and the implementation of reasonable controls over the protection of personal information.
The Privacy Consultant is responsible for influencing activities that support the protection of personal information. The position is for a subject matter expert that executes on privacy related operations and provides business advice on highly complex and/or sensitive matters. The Sr. Consultant I will proactively work with business partners on emerging privacy risks and issues while ensuring Program elements are being met. This individual will manage and design projects and program execution of moderate complexity and impacts team results though a high quality of work. In addition, the Consultant will lead through strong communication skills, coordinating activities and delegating work. This individual is expected to have a thorough understanding of stated privacy policies and practices.
- Provide subject matter expertise to business partners on requirements for new and existing privacy practices and policies
- Leverage subject matter knowledge to analyze issues/risks and make judgments and/or recommendations as appropriate
- Identify opportunities, recommend and help implement process improvements
- Implement programs to assess, prevent and mitigate privacy risk
- Conduct initiatives to ensure that controls and processes are operating effectively
- Ability to coordinate and communicate complex information and situations in a systematic and concise manner internally among Privacy team, to business partners, as well as to various levels of leadership
- Gain alignment and support from business partners and leadership on key/strategic privacy decisions, incident remediation activities
- Research and evaluate emerging privacy trends, laws or regulations
- Develop and implement processes, policies, and/or procedures in support of ensuring compliance to standards and governing policies and procedures
- Demonstrates leadership capabilities
Education: College degree or equivalent work experience. 3-5 years' work experience in privacy or risk management, project management, or related field.Certifications: CIPP Certifications are preferred.
- Ability to Takes on projects/work assignments without direct supervision
- Is analytical and detail oriented; able to identify, prioritize and solve problems effectively
- Functions autonomously and deliver corporate results while keeping management of work progress and escalate issues as appropriate
- Able to interact with all levels of personnel
- Strong interpersonal skills, intermediate to advanced written and oral communication
- Advanced project management skills
- Adapts well to change; able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of legal holds process
- Insurance, financial, legal, or compliance industry experience preferred
- Exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top