Privacy Manager - Irving, Texas
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Allstate Global Enterprise Privacy Office leads the privacy program for the Allstate Family of Companies. Included in this responsibility is governing how Personal Information (PI) is collected, used, shared, and retained. The privacy program helps ensure appropriate PI use and its security is robust. Tasks include maintaining policies and standards, providing training and education for promoting compliance. Also, includes is mitigating operational risks, establishing processes to ensure all PI is inventoried, assessing privacy and third-party risks are appropriately managed, and ensuring privacy incidents are handled timely and in accordance with the law.
A Privacy Manager - Strategic Resource Group will lead a newly formed unit responsible for managing and serving as a deep privacy subject matter expert on strategic and/or large-scale projects across the company. Through a strong consultative approach, he or she will understand business objectives and technologies, work to spot issues, and reach a balanced resolution while ensuring project outputs support company goals. This person will build relationships across and outside of the company to deepen the privacy mindset and ensure privacy by design.
• Lead the Strategic Resource Group for the Global Enterprise Privacy Office
• Work with the key partners in information security, data governance, law and regulation and business areas to add a privacy perspective to business initiatives
• Understand key privacy risks and develop innovative solutions to mitigate risk while achieving business objectives.
• Review complex changes in company processes, standards, and technology to ensure the effectiveness of privacy risk mitigation strategies.
• Support and drive awareness of current privacy best practices, industry standards, references, data models and regulatory compliance to understand and evaluate potential areas of privacy risk to Personal Information.
• Promote and consult on the controls and activities that help strengthen and secure the protection of Personal Information, through interactions with internal privacy leadership, product development teams, business unit leaders, privacy legal, regulatory compliance, and information security teams.
• Be a liaison and subject matter expert for the organization's privacy policies, procedures, and best practices.
• Champion the integration of privacy activities into day-to-day processes across the Allstate Family of Companies, including work intake and project management processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience: 7+ years' experience in privacy, data governance, risk management or related fields
• Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Able to manage a diverse workload and multiple projects in line with multiple and varying regulatory obligations.
• Able to lead and develop staff proficiently
• Able to influence, gain consensus, unite disparate ideas with practical work/project plans; work with cross-functional teams from all areas of an organization, including offsite, remote and offshore resources.
• Work comfortably in the face of ambiguity while continuing to move work toward a goal. Form solid assumptions and make decisions and recommendations based on a diverse pool of information.
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. Ability to tailor communication style to audience at hand, including technical and non-technical resources.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Able to evolve and stay current with regulations, technology, industry and privacy best practices in a dynamic environment.
• Demonstrate ability to stay current of evolving technology such as cloud and mobile computing.
• Adapt well to change; able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Experience with and/or knowledge of privacy controls, protocols, tools, and best practices such as PCI, HIPAA, NIST, GAPP, GDPR, CCPA and Privacy by Design.
• IAPP or other privacy industry certification preferred. Willingness to obtain IAPP certification within 12 months of employment.
• High level of Allstate business acumen.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills - Microsoft Office Suite.
***Ability to work out of the Irving, Texas location
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top