Principal Solutions Engineer - Technical Lead
- Irving, TX
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate's Unified Consumer View - Technology Solutions (UCV-TS) team is responsible for delivering new functionality to support the UCV data platform and providing the business with a 360 view of consumer information across all channels. The Consumer MDM is responsible for managing all information pertaining to consumers and potential consumers. A wide variety of business applications are tightly integrated with the Consumer MDM requiring it to be highly available and highly performant. This position is responsible for providing technical strategy and direction to the UCV product teams. The candidate will need to balance the organization and management of data with integration across a wide variety of applications that contribute data and/or leverage data to drive business processes in a high availability, high volume environment.
The Principal Solutions Engineer - Technical Lead should drive the thinking and solutioning to leverage data as an asset (integrated data sourcing, development, usage, and availability). In this highly-collaborative, fast-paced environment, this position's responsibilities are to design innovative product solutions for real business problems, integrate with and evolve architectures in existing products and systems, and contribute to business-driven technology roadmaps. This role is in support of the Consumer Data Strategy area.
- Drive Consumer Data Strategy Initiatives affecting both Consumer MDM and interfacing systems (Policy, Claim, Service Offering etc.)
- Partner with different areas in the enterprise (Agency Sales, Claims and Marketing etc.) to drive change management in the most efficient manner
- Assess current Consumer MDM implementation, along with business objectives, and recommend improvements
- Collaborate and co-ordinate with architects and delivery teams to design integrated platform solutions
- Create deliverables such as conceptual diagrams, decision statements, solution design and other relevant technical documentation
- Review and contribute to Business Requirements, Non-functional Requirements, and User Stories, develop application architectures, review and contribute to design efforts
- Ensure design concerns are appropriately addressed by product development teams; communicate, document, escalate design impacts and risks
- Identify opportunities, from a technical perspective, for promoting process efficiency, simplification, and improving application performance
- Consumer MDM experience is required; ideally with IBM Infosphere MDM (aka Initiate)
- Proficient in industry practices for master data management, data quality, metadata management and data modeling
- Proven ability to analyze requirements and convert them into technical designs
- Experience working in an Agile delivery model
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Good communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts and strategic vision
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of ITIL Processes
- Ability to work in a high-paced team environment
- Experience influencing senior business and IT stakeholders; ability to structure and maintain documents to effectively communicate with management, business partners, and technology teams to convey architecture concepts and drive alignment and decision making
- Prior experience working on Oracle, Hadoop, TIBCO, Web Services (SOAP and REST), JSON, Java
- Experience with Cloud architecture; implementing and/or migrating to the cloud; experience with hybrid Cloud + Data Center integration
- Previous experience working with Non-SQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience building CICD pipeline with test driven development
- Experience working with Search engines like Solr, Elastic Search etc. and streaming platforms like Kafka
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top