Principal Backend Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Avail is a new car sharing platform focused on improving mobility and reducing the cost of car ownership. We give car owners a way to earn extra income from their idle cars and connect drivers with a convenient, affordable way to drive a car when they want.
Avail is a new peer-to-peer car sharing services. There are currently 3 lines of business. Avail at Airport is a car sharing service that connects local travelers who own cars with travelers who need to borrow a car. Avail at Apartments is a new soon to be launched business that provides car sharing within their Apartment community. The third line of business is being designed but would be equally disruptive.
We are looking for a talented, technical, proactive, energetic, and passionate person who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver. You will lead a team tasked with multiple projects building REST backend that are highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust. You will learn the full project lifecycle from start (gathering requirements) to finish (release into production). You will get excellent mobility experience that will help you throughout your career.
You will be working with colleagues who will help, support and challenge you every day. Unit testing, code reviewing, and regular check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA. We are an Agile Scrum development shop with 2 week iterations.
We expect our Lead Engineers to do much more than just writing code:
- Partner closely with multi-functional teams to produce an application that flows seamlessly and works intuitively with our customers
- Comfortable communicating with non-technical teams
- Come up with creative solutions to solve problems
- Lead and mentor group of talented Backend software engineers versed in Java and Node.js
- Design and implement our Next Generation Architecture built on Microservices and Event Driven Design
- Write optimized, secure and scalable code
- 7-10 years relevant experience
- Expertise in at least two of the object oriented languages like Java and Node.js
- Expertise building enterprise level backend with Java and Node.js
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Concepts, Service Oriented Architectures, Distributed Systems Design Concepts and Computer Science fundamentals
- Driven and self-motivated. Work creatively to solve challenging problems
- Willingness to work with different technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with SQL and no-SQL databases
- Expertise in Kafka
- Expertise in designing and building RESTful APIs
- Understanding of OWASP security principles
- Fundamentals in building 3rd party integration layers
Back-End Engineer - Senior Manager - Avail
Back to top