Pricing Technician Sr. Consultant I - Product Operations
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
•• Serve as a subject matter expert for moderately complex Technician procedures, including but not limited to: the training of peers, being a peer resource, and leading process improvements.
• Own the creation of documents and procedures to be used by Technicians (e.g., job aids, and checklists) to facilitate the successful implementation of major initiatives on a countrywide basis
• Provide data analytic support to actuarial staff; understands how each data source and tool is used to support analyses and performs reasonability checks to support the decision making process
• Determine a comprehensive project work plan to coordinate moderately to highly complex projects, including pilots across various disciplines (Actuarial/Underwriting/Legal/Technical), including formal documentation and communication to interested parties;
• Understand the available rate for the states as well as various Pricing and Underwriting initiatives available to be implemented, develops a recommended project work plan to be shared with the pricing or underwriting manager and state manager in order to gain consensus on the final work plan (i.e. Introduces new state-specific discounts or rating plans that would require creating new and unique system requirements, subsequent systems support and new filings memos)
• Understand the intricacies of the state regulatory environment and specific regulations in order to make decisions about the implementation of Pricing and Underwriting changes (including, but not limited to, rate/rule changes, risk management profiles and minor/major initiatives)
• Implements rate/rule changes and major initiatives which includes, but not limited to; drafting system requirement documents, representing the business unit in implementation meetings, addressing emerging issues, building test plans, validating testing and providing SOX sign-off
• Serves as expert on implementation strategy and Influences business unit
• Create rate and rule filings, and associated communications with a given Department of Insurance (including Responses to Objections and Department Inquiries); researches and decides on how to respond to DOI inquiries to ensure filing is approved, completes complex filing forms, premium surveys, data calls, creates new rate survey templates and collaborates with cross-functional teams to develop distinct changes to filings as well as to address unique components of filings due to regulatory restrictions
• Own moderately to highly complex or countrywide scaled compliance projects which includes; researching issues and determining how rating rules were meant to be interpreted, considering the customer and business impact in the recommended solution and working with legal, systems and other cross functional teams to complete complex and/or countrywide scaled refund projects and resolving complex business inquires
• Create all post-implementation documentation associated with projects, including ensuring that documentation components are completed and included in the Masterfile documentation
• Structures and implements complex tactical changes
• Guided by organization requirements, emerging trends and design principles
• Responsible for leading the technicians within a business unit (including, but not limited to the initial training of new technicians, the continual development of more experienced technicians, oversight of their capacity, evaluating their performance, and providing feedback through effective performance management conversations). This may or may not include a reporting relationship.
• Education: College degree preferred
• Experience: 3-5 years of related experience; insurance and/or pricing knowledge and experience in P&C industry is preferred
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Strong data analysis and data review skills
• Excellent attention to detail; can identify and resolve basic to moderately complex data issues
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
• High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
• Strong decision making skills
• Leadership skills focusing on people and process change
• Works effectively in a team environment
• Possesses intermediate working knowledge of policies and procedures in management or other technical fields including funding, prioritization, change management, product governance
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top