Pre Sales Associate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The scope of this job is to work with Allstate Producers via the telephone to help them with their business by being an expert on the topic of pre-sales life insurance. Also, the goal would be to integrate the fast-growing AF wholesaling team to create a unified feel for the producer by means of a strategic partnership.
The position will be responsible for:
- Working with producers to handle pre-sales questions while also closely working with wholesalers to determine opportunities to advance the call into a sales scenario.
- Helping producers with pre-sales and marketing material on accessallstate.com
- Accurately assisting with all forms and paperwork questions from producers.
- Providing expertise and answering questions related to proper usage of App-On-Line.
- Taking accountability for requests received over the phone that may require research and follow up to ensure reasonable resolution has been achieved.
- Explaining underwriting guidelines and interest rates on products.
- The ability to communicate effectively and clearly by telephone and email correspondence.
- The ability to conduct telephone conversations in a pleasant and professional manner regardless of the situation.
- Excellent intuitive and analytical skills to review situations and determine solutions to requests.
- Attention to detail and a sincere commitment to helping the producers, fellow co-workers and other home office personnel.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to adapt quickly and effectively to a fast paced environment.
- The ability to both work independently, but to also foster a sense of teamwork with co-workers.
- Must have or obtain Series 6, 63 and Life and Health licenses.
- Four year degree is preferred.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top