Portfolio/Project Manager and Account Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The User Experience and Design (UX&D) organization is a multi-disciplinary group responsible for designing interactions and experiences across devices, systems, and services to provide positive, engaging, and productive user experiences. The organization supports multiple business areas across Allstate and is comprised of UX Architects, Interactive Visual Designers, Content Strategists, User Interface Engineers and UX Researchers.
We are looking for an energetic, creative individual to join our User Experience & Design (UX&D) Organization. Over the last few years, Allstate has built an in-house team of exceptional talent that provides digital solutions for business units across the company. Our growth was fueled by the investment of business partners and the company's commitment to delivering user-centered, digital solutions. That organizational growth has driven the need for maintaining strong partner relationships and holistic portfolio awareness.
As a Marketing Account/Portfolio Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of account management for the UX&D organization balanced with a solid understanding of the UX&D portfolio of work. Working closely with fellow UX&D team members, you will nurture partner relationships, coordinate new partner requests (shepherd them through prioritization and funding processes), establish/maintain budgets, monitor delivery progress and results, resolve issues, build awareness, and drive collaboration within and across partner areas.
To be successful in this role, you will need exceptional verbal and written communication skills, along with excellent organization and time management abilities.
- Manage the partner relationships with internal business and technology partners for the UX&D organization
- Understand partner business strategies, objectives, products and users.
- Support partner engagements, strategy and delivery by facilitating new work requests, defining success criteria and monitoring delivery to completion
- Ensure UX&D is represented in delivery planning and leveraged appropriately
- Set, track and report on delivery performance and resource capacity
- Facilitate partner engagements (Proposals, Procurement, Statements of Work)
- Report on portfolio health and status to internal UX&D team and partners
- Collaboratively address portfolio risk mitigation and issue resolution
Process and Operational Effectiveness
- Proactively identify the need for and recommend process development work
- Increase operational efficiency and effectiveness (research new technologies and alternative methods)
- Proactively track and manage portfolio timelines to ensure all aspects of the program are on target across UX&D, technology, AORs, and vendors. Facilitate alignment and collaboration across the teams.
- Design and develop metrics to demonstrate UX&D value. Develop processes and methods for collecting required metrics data.
- Assist in maintaining budget and tracking expenditures for assigned partners
- Assist with overall UX expense reporting as needed
- Track SOW's, billing cycles, confirm expenses for assigned partners in the UXD portfolio
- Previous Account Management for delivering digital solutions
- Consumer centric predisposition and demonstrated relationship building experience
- Polished communication and presentation skills
- Ability to understand data, analyze results and draw insights
- Demonstrated collaborative approach to achieving goals and working across teams
- Ability to work within fast paced environment with little direction
- Project Lead, project Management, resource management, or financial analysis experience
- Experience working with UX&D teams across various software design methodologies is a plus
- Understanding best practices for planning and executing user-centered design practices is a plus.
- 3+ years of project management, UX or digital marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top